Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I'm going to prefice my statement with I'm don't think Bo is headcoach material. I think he has put everything that he has into it and it just isn't working out. It's just not the right fit.

I think this recording is complete chicken$hIt. Hang on to a recording for two years and then wait for the time that it fits your agenda....that's weak. The dude is not a robot and he made a mistake. Most of us have had the exact same situations at work, family gathering or sporting event. He let his guard down and he got caught.

The timing of this release of this tape also takes the quote out of context in my opinion. Most won't care it was two years ago or the circumstances around it. They will think he just told Sharpe that Saturday night.

I would prefer that Bo exits because he can't get the job done rather than because some rat that recorded him without his knowledge. This whole thing stinks.

that is how it goes down in many places. And it is the ideal. Every interchange a coach has with a player in any setting --- or, moreover with many players at the same time --- is a professional setting and codes of conduct and ethics should be followed. That does not mean it is always PG rated. But to assert that what Pelini said was in private is absurd --- it was in a professional setting while at work as a representative of the university. He did not know it was recorded... so , it would be fair to say that this professional interchange was not intended for the media... but it was a professional setting.

Judge a man by his actions and merit, not by words when pissed off. Bo has NEVER been a fan of the media. That is no secret.

I again wish he could be himself. Get mad, throw a head set, Hell Spurrier was up 28-0 and throwing his visor like no one's business. About 3 times IIRC. Angry Bo was a winner. PC Bo (and the Huskers by proxy) are losers. If Bo is always keeping his "real self" under wraps, it has to effect his coaching.

His actions with team Jack, embracing former players etc shows he appreciates the "Nebraska way". He has made comments about the fans before. IIRC, "we like to play on the road better", "fans don't understand" etc... This shouldn't come as a shock.

The kids will rally around Bo as they did Frank (and then Bo in the bowl game) or they will completely tank. I think the team truly likes Bo.

My issue, much like Frank in 2002, was the crappy staff he surrounded himself with. Really wish we had kept him after 2003.

Agreed.

Tom Fornelli@TomFornelli14m

I'll just say this: If Pelini is fired he'll land his first choice. Nebraska won't.

Retweeted by Timothy Burke

:facepalm:

Alot of writers will say stupid things. This is one of the stupid things.

Uh... yeah. Those stories of the Miami job and the Ohio State job shopping Bo was (allegedly) doing don't point to Bo getting his first choice of jobs. If he couldn't land those jobs at that point in his Nebraska career, he's not going to land his first choice now after the blowouts and personality conflagration.

• Fire 2

Tom Fornelli@TomFornelli14m

I'll just say this: If Pelini is fired he'll land his first choice. Nebraska won't.

Retweeted by Timothy Burke

:facepalm:

Alot of writers will say stupid things. This is one of the stupid things.

Uh... yeah. Those stories of the Miami job and the Ohio State job shopping Bo was (allegedly) doing don't point to Bo getting his first choice of jobs. If he couldn't land those jobs at that point in his Nebraska career, he's not going to land his first choice now after the blowouts and personality conflagration.

And Arkansas, and Tennessee, and...

Was seconds away from posting this.

Wow. Just crazy.

Old recording for sure, but one thing you can take away from it is that we really don't know what goes on in the minds, locker room, huddle, meetings of these programs. We bitch and moan and complain and Bo has to keep it all out of his teams face, it really is just the guys in the locker room as family v everyone else not in there.

Exactly. And when do you think the most honest depiction of a persons character is going to be on display, when he is with "family" or in front of a hoard of media? I've not been a fan of Bo's for quite a while and this certainly does nothing to sweeten the pot. The guy is a tool.

Bo was quite at odds with the administration that time and he wanted them to sweat it with the Miami rumors.

He doesn't (or didn't) feel sufficiently appreciated and took a fairly typical, "YEAH? YOU'LL MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE" stance. To me at least, all of this is somewhat old news, or at least unsurprising confirmation. That aspect of the story, as with all others, doesn't really bother me.

• Fire 1

that is how it goes down in many places. And it is the ideal. Every interchange a coach has with a player in any setting --- or, moreover with many players at the same time --- is a professional setting and codes of conduct and ethics should be followed. That does not mean it is always PG rated. But to assert that what Pelini said was in private is absurd --- it was in a professional setting while at work as a representative of the university. He did not know it was recorded... so , it would be fair to say that this professional interchange was not intended for the media... but it was a professional setting.

You might crap yourself if you ate lunch in the teachers' lounge at an elementary school.......

Judge a man by his actions and merit, not by words when pissed off. Bo has NEVER been a fan of the media. That is no secret.

I again wish he could be himself. Get mad, throw a head set, Hell Spurrier was up 28-0 and throwing his visor like no one's business. About 3 times IIRC. Angry Bo was a winner. PC Bo (and the Huskers by proxy) are losers. If Bo is always keeping his "real self" under wraps, it has to effect his coaching.

His actions with team Jack, embracing former players etc shows he appreciates the "Nebraska way". He has made comments about the fans before. IIRC, "we like to play on the road better", "fans don't understand" etc... This shouldn't come as a shock.

The kids will rally around Bo as they did Frank (and then Bo in the bowl game) or they will completely tank. I think the team truly likes Bo.

My issue, much like Frank in 2002, was the crappy staff he surrounded himself with. Really wish we had kept him after 2003.

Agreed.

bullsh#t, he is paid to act like a professional....if he can't control his temper, he is useless.

Bo just released a public apology after talking with Eichorst and Perlman. If he were about to get the axe I think they would all be very quiet right now. I don't think Bo is going anywhere. Yet.

l

do you think Bo has jeopardized the sell out streak?

The sellout streak is one of the last few things we Husker fans have left. If the fan base throws a temper tantrum over Bo Pelini and ends that streak they'll regret it.

Five, ten years from now when Bo's gone and we cherish the last few traditions and streaks we have left nobody is going to be happy that we threw it away over this.

• Fire 1

Maybe if our stadium wasn't full of only blue hairs, since they are the only ones that can afford season tickets, people would stay for the whole damn game... as for Pelini, don't let that door hit you on the way out, and take your boy Martinez with you!!

So now we're dragging Taylor into this?

Get the f#*k off our board dickwad

I need a break. Go for it.

My feelings as well. +1

Ahhh, you guys still think Taylor is our best option... did you see him saturday... the density in your heads is scary.

I'm with Accountability. And, you can't question the density in peoples heads here so, buh bye.

Bo just released a public apology after talking with Eichorst and Perlman. If he were about to get the axe I think they would all be very quiet right now. I don't think Bo is going anywhere. Yet.

l

do you think Bo has jeopardized the sell out streak?

The sellout streak is one of the last few things we Husker fans have left. If the fan base throws a temper tantrum over Bo Pelini and ends that streak they'll regret it.

Five, ten years from now when Bo's gone and we cherish the last few traditions and streaks we have left nobody is going to be happy that we threw it away over this.

you mean like the blackshirt tradition?