Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

“I want to sincerely apologize for my comments from two years ago which became public today," Pelini said in a statement. "I take full responsibility for these comments. They were spoken in a private room following the Ohio State game. I was venting following a series of emotional events which led to this moment. That being said, these comments are in no way indicative of my true feelings. I love it here in Nebraska and feel fortunate to be associated with such a great University and fan base. I again apologize to anyone whom I have offended.”

Well done.

you serious? this is as generic, politically correct, forced and insincere as it gets.

Are *you* serious?

I'm sure there will be a face-to-face presser upcoming, and more detailed statements. This thing just dropped this afternoon. Bo needed to get something out fast. I am not sure what more you could have expected.

What the f#*k do you want him to say? Jesus Christ.

I don't know, but a good start would have been at least getting in front of a microphone and a video camera to say it.

Probably why we havent heard the last of it. But there's not gonna be no presser or anything anymore tonight. But someone had to say something.

Or like I suggested, theyre just gonna forget about it and get back to football. Theyre probably all laughin about it from 2 years ago.

Or not.

Are *you* serious?

I'm sure there will be a face-to-face presser upcoming, and more detailed statements. This thing just dropped this afternoon. Bo needed to get something out fast. I am not sure what more you could have expected.

Hey, don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying it was bad, only that it was expected and common and essentially meaningless. No point in applauding a fprced. politically correct, filtered public apology as if it is a job well done.

• Fire 1

I'm glad I'm not friends with a lot of you. I say worse things than this about people I like all the time (my mom, my priest, my infant children, etc.) It's called venting. Also, right before he says the things a bunch of you are getting the vapors over, he said something to the effect of, "I was thinking . . .", which makes it sound as though he was confessing a momentary lapse in the face of some crappy treatment by quite a few fans and local media. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Some of you should look inside yourselves and see if you are football fans or just really like drama. Liking drama is OK. They have tons of TV shows for you (Kardashians, Real Housewives). If your a football fan, then chill out, root for your team and hope they win the rest of their games.

You're not giving him too much credit. Everyone on this board has said the exact same thing about something or someone they've cared about in private. Many times.

umm.. I doubt that. And it was a professional setting... he had his players with him and he is paid to be their teacher/mentor.coach... that is a professional setting. He was coaching at the time. A private setting is several people setting talking and no one is representing their employer as they speak. He was at work... working... not a private but a professional setting.

For a guy who preaches accountability he has to understand there is a standard for a coach that is higher than anyone on the football team. I've had it with this "he has legitimate reason to rant about fair-weather fans". A coach who is in the top 15 paid college coaches nationally should expect to be under the microscope when you lead a team like ours.

Shame on the person who released the tape today, but you can't tell fans to stay quiet when the coach of the university of Nebraska gives a middle finger to anybody he has a problem with.

I don't think this warrants a head coaching change, but any child can throw a fit, and bo has to do more than soul searching after losses, he has to change the way he prepares this team. Not lambasting people who care about the program enough to give their opinion when they see someone not doing their job.