Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

Will Compton RT

@KornhuskerJ: So #Huskers fans can bitch about Pelini but then get butt-hurt when he bitches about them. It was 2 yrs ago. Who gives a sh#t!

Good point. Guys on this board call out players, coaches etc, but we get angry when a player makes a comment about the fans or the coach tells us to go f ourselves. Again, unleash this Bo again.

Direct correlation of Bo getting more savvy and team sucking,

This is spot on, by the way. I thought about making a thread about this awhile back, but you can practically pinpoint the aftermath of that aTm game back in 2010 - you know, when Bo promised to be nicer - as the moment the momentum started to dissipate within the program. Ever since, we've seen nothing but passive, unmotivated, unsure, and unconfident teams coming out of Lincoln. In other words, we lost our swagger when Bo was neutered. Ask yourself, what's more embarrassing, Bo's demeanor back then or the product we put on the field now? Granted, ideally it wouldn't be an either/or proposition, but that seems to be the boat we're in.

A little OT, but had to get that one off my chest...

Zombie Devaney's pretty spot on.

No he's not. An entire fanbase didn't go to pick on Cosgrove's kid. It was a few a$$hole$ and they were berated for it as they should have been.

Yes, this is true. The point being, there are a lot of good Husker fans out there but there are also some real classless ones who do go out of their way to make life hard on the coaches.

Not to excuse Bo. When you're in the spotlight you just gotta learn to handle the good and the bad. But both Bo and any coach are bound to, at times, get tired of the garbage they get (or feel they get) from a small segment of the fanbase. It's Bo's own misery that conflates that with the entire bunch of us. But I can understand where he's coming from.

Absolutely. The problem is Bo bring so much of this crap on himself. With the disastrous on-field results being what they are, so bad that every member of the Sunshine-Pumpers Union is in full retreat, and with all the negativity flying everywhere, I just don't see how this has a positive outcome.

I'm not a doom-and-gloomer, but Pelini has made his bed with this one and his failure to coach/hire coaches. This is a pretty sad week to be a Husker fan.

If we actually act on this, we shall see Nebraska enter an unreal nightmare of crap football. Who will want to come here? The rabidness of the fan base, the expectations, the difficulty of recruiting.

Craig Bohl....if we pay him enough and buy out his contract at NDSU. I think he's the only option we should even consider.

Thanks for the comedy relief. "The only option we should consider" Priceless.

No one else will take it. Whoever we hire will have to be an ex-player with ties to the program.

Which is why the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox can't find anybody to play for them. I mean, those fans and all the booing, who'd want to play in that kind of environment?

Oh, wait.

When you record someone aren't you supposed to tell them they are being recorded? Legally anyway that is how it works, right? So in a way, the douche who did this could face legal trouble if one were to find out who did it.

Depends, he could face civil action on some sort of invasion of privacy claim, but Pelini would have to prove he was in a private setting where he had not agreed to recordings, and that's tough to say in this case.

I guess so since it sounds like Greg Sharpe was in the recording but yet Pelini has someone else that belongs to the university present as well so that person could argue where the recording had taken place.

Will if someone in the media did do this I hope they have no skeletons in the closet. I can think of a few in the media who have issues with Bo some exist on a certain radio station and some at a certain news paper in town. I have seen politics like this in many setting it speaks volumes about the people releasing it. This does not mean what Bo said is ok!

I'm confused as to what moral/social/political system some of you are endorsing by berating fans for leaving games early. Fans pay generally between $55 and $300 per seat per game to be entertained. For fun. If they want to leave early because the team is getting stomped and the game is no longer fun for them or anyone around them, they have every right to. Now, I've gone to 60+ games and only left two early, so I almost always sit it out to the (sometimes bitter) end. But I do it because I choose to, not because of some cult-ish peer pressure that says I have to.

Bo being so upset at a small percentage of fans (mostly drunk students) leaving early is pretty ridiculous. The only ones who lost out on anything were the fans that left. Bo, the players and the 90% of fans that stuck around got to experience a great comeback win. The Athletic Department got to keep the money. So what is there to be mad about?

• Fire 1

I have no issue with him calling out the fans, personally. I think most of the fat ass people who sit there watching the game, screaming at people "down in front!" like they are in their living room are the worst. The issue I have is he is stupid enough to do it with live mics around.

Does he need to be fired because of the actual words? Not at all.

Does he need to be fired because he's an idiot that needs to face consequences? Probably.

Does he need to be fired because he's a defensive guru whose scheme doesn't work without superstars? Definitely.

Use this opportunity for what it is. A free chance to get Pelini out of here for cause, and hire a coach who can build a scheme that works.