Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I'm confused as to what moral/social/political system some of you are endorsing by berating fans for leaving games early. Fans pay generally between $55 and $300 per seat per game to be entertained. For fun. If they want to leave early because the team is getting stomped and the game is no longer fun for them or anyone around them, they have every right to. Now, I've gone to 60+ games and only left two early, so I almost always sit it out to the (sometimes bitter) end. But I do it because I choose to, not because of some cult-ish peer pressure that says I have to.

Bo being so upset at a small percentage of fans (mostly drunk students) leaving early is pretty ridiculous. The only ones who lost out on anything were the fans that left. Bo, the players and the 90% of fans that stuck around got to experience a great comeback win. The Athletic Department got to keep the money. So what is there to be mad about?

There were many who left early from the section I sit in (NW end zone) this past Saturday and they were not drunk students. There was much dissatisfaction with the coaching. And, when I say much dissatisfaction, I am not kidding. No one wants to see their team implode like that, no one.

All this keeps reminding me of my favorite verb:

1. Pelini

A violent rage that cannot be controlled, often expressed in Tourette's-like cursing accompanied with demonic facial contortions. An angry sense of entitlement that will cause you to treat anyone around you with contempt and physical brutality, including game officials, innocent cameramen or possibly your own team.

Yo--I said I wanted those eggs over medium, I'm about to go Pelini up in here!!!! @#$%$$%!!!!!!

• Fire 1

I'm glad I'm not friends with a lot of you. I say worse things than this about people I like all the time (my mom, my priest, my infant children, etc.) It's called venting. Also, right before he says the things a bunch of you are getting the vapors over, he said something to the effect of, "I was thinking . . .", which makes it sound as though he was confessing a momentary lapse in the face of some crappy treatment by quite a few fans and local media. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Some of you should look inside yourselves and see if you are football fans or just really like drama. Liking drama is OK. They have tons of TV shows for you (Kardashians, Real Housewives). If your a football fan, then chill out, root for your team and hope they win the rest of their games.

You're not giving him too much credit. Everyone on this board has said the exact same thing about something or someone they've cared about in private. Many times.

umm.. I doubt that. And it was a professional setting... he had his players with him and he is paid to be their teacher/mentor.coach... that is a professional setting. He was coaching at the time. A private setting is several people setting talking and no one is representing their employer as they speak. He was at work... working... not a private but a professional setting.

Right, because what gets said in a football locker room or wherever it is compares to what gets said in an office building. Nice delusions.

No Bo or Martinez after this season? I could take that...if Bo would have got the OSU job, would they of had the type of season they did last year? Especially with him bringing all his buddies in to coach.. Probably not. OSU paid top dollar for a top notch coach. If we fire Bo, we need to bring in an Urban Meyer type and pay him accordingly. Just my two cents though.

Maybe if our stadium wasn't full of only blue hairs, since they are the only ones that can afford season tickets, people would stay for the whole damn game... as for Pelini, don't let that door hit you on the way out, and take your boy Martinez with you!!

So now we're dragging Taylor into this?

Get the f#*k off our board dickwad

I need a break. Go for it.

My feelings as well. +1

Ahhh, you guys still think Taylor is our best option... did you see him saturday... the density in your heads is scary.

umm.. I doubt that. And it was a professional setting... he had his players with him and he is paid to be their teacher/mentor.coach... that is a professional setting. He was coaching at the time. A private setting is several people setting talking and no one is representing their employer as they speak. He was at work... working... not a private but a professional setting.

He was in a room with Greg Sharpe and maybe a couple other people speaking privately before an interview. Right?

***Official Announcement For Immediate Release***

I am removing myself from consideration for any possible opening of the Nebraska Football Head Coach position. I definitely would say the same thing, in the same circumstances, about our f'ing fans. However, hopefully I would be smart enough to not get caught doing it so, this is just me being preemptively honest.

• Fire 1

Well, I'm not offended. I have said worst about some of the posters on this board, in private to a selective audience, mostly my wife who I trusted NOT to record and keep it for leverage later. How many threads talked about fans leaving and how everyone on here got upset. Husker_packers (what kind of name is that anyway) just go away. This was obviously done preshow of the Bo Pelini Show with Gary Sharpe using studio equipment. It would be fairly easy to figure who the production crew was. Just ask Mr. Sharpe.

What the f#*k do you want him to say? Jesus Christ.

I don't know, but a good start would have been at least getting in front of a microphone and a video camera to say it.

Yep, stand in front of a camera and say something to the effect of:

"I'm sorry. I embarrassed the University of Nebraska. I embarrassed the fans of this program, and I embarrassed myself. I truly apologize to the fans, the players, and the athletic department for putting the spotlight on me instead of the good things we are trying to do at Nebraska. I really hope the fans can forgive me, I will spend the rest of my career at Nebraska trying to make up for this."

And then I would add a specific apology to Tom Shatel as well.

Not this "I apologize to anyone I offended" bullcrap.

• Fire 1

Maybe if our stadium wasn't full of only blue hairs, since they are the only ones that can afford season tickets, people would stay for the whole damn game... as for Pelini, don't let that door hit you on the way out, and take your boy Martinez with you!!

So now we're dragging Taylor into this?

Get the f#*k off our board dickwad

I need a break. Go for it.

My feelings as well. +1

Ahhh, you guys still think Taylor is our best option... did you see him saturday... the density in your heads is scary.

Go post on the rivals free board. You would fit in so well over there.

Wow. That corporate robo-apology is just . . . wow . . . .

Does this make you feel better.

jimmy-swaggart-crying-sinned-o.gif

Actually yes! Got a laugh out of it.

But about this situation. I really don't care what Pelini said two years ago or that his apology was written by the university lawyers. I expected expected he would say something personally; the fact that he didn't makes me wonder about, uh, further political implications.