Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I'm glad I'm not friends with a lot of you. I say worse things than this about people I like all the time (my mom, my priest, my infant children, etc.) It's called venting. Also, right before he says the things a bunch of you are getting the vapors over, he said something to the effect of, "I was thinking . . .", which makes it sound as though he was confessing a momentary lapse in the face of some crappy treatment by quite a few fans and local media. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Some of you should look inside yourselves and see if you are football fans or just really like drama. Liking drama is OK. They have tons of TV shows for you (Kardashians, Real Housewives). If your a football fan, then chill out, root for your team and hope they win the rest of their games.

You're not giving him too much credit. Everyone on this board has said the exact same thing about something or someone they've cared about in private. Many times.

umm.. I doubt that. And it was a professional setting... he had his players with him and he is paid to be their teacher/mentor.coach... that is a professional setting. He was coaching at the time. A private setting is several people setting talking and no one is representing their employer as they speak. He was at work... working... not a private but a professional setting.

Right, because what gets said in a football locker room or wherever it is compares to what gets said in an office building. Nice delusions.

In fact it is. A locker room is to the coach what a classroom or research lab is to a professor. It is where you conduct your professional service to your student(athlete).

In fact it is. A locker room is to the coach what a classroom or research lab is to a professor. It is where you conduct your professional service to your student(athlete).

In fact, it's not. If you think that's how things go down in a locker room or around a coach and their football team, then there's nothing left to say. Ignored.

Judge a man by his actions and merit, not by words when pissed off. Bo has NEVER been a fan of the media. That is no secret.

I again wish he could be himself. Get mad, throw a head set, Hell Spurrier was up 28-0 and throwing his visor like no one's business. About 3 times IIRC. Angry Bo was a winner. PC Bo (and the Huskers by proxy) are losers. If Bo is always keeping his "real self" under wraps, it has to effect his coaching.

His actions with team Jack, embracing former players etc shows he appreciates the "Nebraska way". He has made comments about the fans before. IIRC, "we like to play on the road better", "fans don't understand" etc... This shouldn't come as a shock.

The kids will rally around Bo as they did Frank (and then Bo in the bowl game) or they will completely tank. I think the team truly likes Bo.

My issue, much like Frank in 2002, was the crappy staff he surrounded himself with. Really wish we had kept him after 2003.

• Fire 2

I'll say it, though. I couldn't care less what Bo said in private two years ago when he was angry or venting. He never did and never would give this kind of treatment publicly to the fanbase. The release of this is designed to offend, but for all of my extensive criticism of Bo over the years, I don't hold this one against him one bit.

Count me in this group - count every single person on this message board in this group. Each and every one of us have said something inappropriate or hurtful about or towards someone else, and we often only say those things when we think nobody can hear us or spread it out.

Should he have said it? No. Do I hold it against him? No. The problem Pelini and the team have with the media is that they listen to all the negativity and act like it's what the majority think. People that are happy don't often seek a medium to profess their happiness. It's people with an opinion - and often a negative one - that want to be heard.

As far as I'm concerned apologize, move on and coach some football, Bo.

Even though I've grown kind of a bit cooler on Bo over the last few years, I"m with you, especially on the highlighted part. Maybe this is just the storm that needed to happen...hitting the reset button if you will. Bo apologizes, for real this time ... the players get a bit of a mulligan ... and once the air is cleared...like after a bad storm on a summer day...things get clear and fun again for everyone.

Maybe if our stadium wasn't full of only blue hairs, since they are the only ones that can afford season tickets, people would stay for the whole damn game... as for Pelini, don't let that door hit you on the way out, and take your boy Martinez with you!!

So now we're dragging Taylor into this?

Get the f#*k off our board dickwad

I need a break. Go for it.

My feelings as well. +1

Ahhh, you guys still think Taylor is our best option... did you see him saturday... the density in your heads is scary.

Go post on the rivals free board. You would fit in so well over there.

Or I can post here. Bo is in a downward spiral, and the only reason Taylor is still playing is because he is Bo's boy. Be dilusional all you want.

It's...how many hours after this story broke?

Bo will face the cameras about this at the appropriate time in the appropriate forum. What do you want him to do, get on his webcam and post it on youtube? .........well, actually, there's a thought, but I'm not sure it fits the gravitas of the situation.

Please, just let him tell the story in his own time, in his own words, and in his own clothes.

I'm glad I'm not friends with a lot of you. I say worse things than this about people I like all the time (my mom, my priest, my infant children, etc.) It's called venting. Also, right before he says the things a bunch of you are getting the vapors over, he said something to the effect of, "I was thinking . . .", which makes it sound as though he was confessing a momentary lapse in the face of some crappy treatment by quite a few fans and local media. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Some of you should look inside yourselves and see if you are football fans or just really like drama. Liking drama is OK. They have tons of TV shows for you (Kardashians, Real Housewives). If your a football fan, then chill out, root for your team and hope they win the rest of their games.

You're not giving him too much credit. Everyone on this board has said the exact same thing about something or someone they've cared about in private. Many times.

umm.. I doubt that. And it was a professional setting... he had his players with him and he is paid to be their teacher/mentor.coach... that is a professional setting. He was coaching at the time. A private setting is several people setting talking and no one is representing their employer as they speak. He was at work... working... not a private but a professional setting.

Right, because what gets said in a football locker room or wherever it is compares to what gets said in an office building. Nice delusions.

that's some funny sh*t, right there......

“I want to sincerely apologize for my comments from two years ago which became public today," Pelini said in a statement. "I take full responsibility for these comments. They were spoken in a private room following the Ohio State game. I was venting following a series of emotional events which led to this moment. That being said, these comments are in no way indicative of my true feelings. I love it here in Nebraska and feel fortunate to be associated with such a great University and fan base. I again apologize to anyone whom I have offended.”

Well done.

you serious? this is as generic, politically correct, forced and insincere as it gets.

Which proves he's not leaving anytime soon.