Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

after 646 posts or so about this, ill say I don't care about Bo telling me to f&*@ off....could care less about the audio and could care less of what he thinks of me/us, fans....I just want this program restored....losing to (insert team here) the way we did hurts me far more than Bo telling me to f off.... how many of us have been in the pressure cooker he is in....and how many of us maybe wouldn't/hasn't said the same things in supposed privacy.....I don't care, I just want us to get winning again!!!

Good post.

The sellout streak is one of the last few things we Husker fans have left. If the fan base throws a temper tantrum over Bo Pelini and ends that streak they'll regret it.

Five, ten years from now when Bo's gone and we cherish the last few traditions and streaks we have left nobody is going to be happy that we threw it away over this.

If the fans seriously entertain ending the sellout streak over this, I f'ing quit and I'm picking a new team because we're a bunch of spoiled babys.

for real

While Dirk in his own way is a press version of Bo & Taylor, making mistakes and publicly goofing up, I doubt seriously he's behind this release. I would be surprised if any of our local well-known reporters from the OWH or LJS, or any of the local TV stations, were responsible for this.

These guys, Dirk especially, have it in for Bo. For Bo that's self inflicted with the way he treats them. But I've seen too many comments from people in the know, after every tough loss or embarrassing moment for Bo or this program, intimate that the media has been sitting on stories and information to really hurt Bo with. And that they're just waiting for the right moment to trot it out.

i.e, we beat UCLA on Saturday and none of this is happening.

it is kind of funny how some in the national press think we are an unreasonable or delusional fan-base, yet are the first to mock us after blowouts. i think we are quite reasonable. get some conf. champs and be in contention for a national champ. every so often. and compete in every game.

however, i will say good luck replacing a coach that consistently wins 9 games a year when ut and usc may be looking for new coaches.

that scares me.

I hate that mindset. We're content with winning 9 games (against average teams or teams we should beat) and being blown out by teams that are on our level? Hmm, yea, that sounds awesome. I've said this before but it's not about the W/L to me but rather how we handle ourselves when we get down. We just gave up 38 unanswered points to UCLA after having them down 21-3 at home; That isn't something that should be overlooked! When you give up 50/60/70 points and 500/600 yards of offense, something is going wrong in my opinion. We gave up 70 points to Wisconsin in a conference championship. If you're content with winning 9 games a season and getting blown out for 3-4 other games then you've come to the right place!

I don't really think Bo should be fired for his comments that were 'leaked' today but rather his inability to have our team in games and feeling like we are supposed to be there. I came home from my 8 year old sons football game on Saturday to see that we were up 21-3 and I thought, holy crap, we are getting it together but then I watched us slowly unravel without any push back to slow UCLA down. We had some bonehead penalties that extended their drives and then we turned into a stale offense never giving our defense a much needed break. Normally I'm screaming at the TV, getting pissed for every blown coverage or missed tackle but on Saturday, I just sat there. I was expecting us to lose and get blown out and with every big play, I watched it unfold. It is crushing to see us lose games like that because at some point, we're just out and we seemingly stop competing. For those reasons, I think Bo needs to either move on or we need to hire some different coordinators to surround Bo so that we can right the ship.

Modern media. What a crock!

Think back to the legends of previous years. Do you think any of the following could take the scrutiny of today's world? Any of them you think never uttered such words as Bo is being torched for?

Knute Rockne

Bear Bryant

Barry Switzer

Bob Neyland

Bud Wilkinson

Bob Stoops

Woody Hayes

This list could go on forever. Hell, just reading Paul Koch's new book on the 90's Husker dynasty gives you an idea. Tom was never a cusser, but there were plenty of coaches and assistants that would rip a player to shreds, verbally and even physically, if it was deserved.

After more thought on this, I think too many people are acting a bit pretentious and self-righteous about this.

Bad timing for sure, but let's get back to football. Distractions are an enemy for everyone, players, fans, coaches, admin. Not a good thing can come of folks getting hung up on this.

• Fire 1

I hate that mindset. We're content with winning 9 games (against average teams or teams we should beat) and being blown out by teams that are on our level?

not my mindset, but any coach on the outside will probably see it that way. that 9 wins is not enough.

i agree, we do deserve more and it is reasonable.

but everyone on the outsides sees it as a delusional fan-base that demands perfection.

after 646 posts or so about this, ill say I don't care about Bo telling me to f&*@ off....could care less about the audio and could care less of what he thinks of me/us, fans....I just want this program restored....losing to (insert team here) the way we did hurts me far more than Bo telling me to f off.... how many of us have been in the pressure cooker he is in....and how many of us maybe wouldn't/hasn't said the same things in supposed privacy.....I don't care, I just want us to get winning again!!!

Good post.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789