Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I hate that mindset. We're content with winning 9 games (against average teams or teams we should beat) and being blown out by teams that are on our level?

not my mindset, but any coach on the outside will probably see it that way. that 9 wins is not enough.

i agree, we do deserve more and it is reasonable.

but everyone on the outsides sees it as a delusional fan-base that demands perfection.

The thing is there is a lot of programs that don't win 9 game on a consistent basis, heck even 7 wins. Yes Nebraska fans should expect a little more but at the same time appreciating what you have doesn't have to mean settling for "mediocrity"

after 646 posts or so about this, ill say I don't care about Bo telling me to f&*@ off....could care less about the audio and could care less of what he thinks of me/us, fans....I just want this program restored....losing to (insert team here) the way we did hurts me far more than Bo telling me to f off.... how many of us have been in the pressure cooker he is in....and how many of us maybe wouldn't/hasn't said the same things in supposed privacy.....I don't care, I just want us to get winning again!!!

Good post.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789

tumblr_lxnz27Dgps1r9p3eno1_500.gif

Suh showing his support for Bo:
This Man and His Defensive staff showed me how to work/study football to reach my potential in college and become a #Lombardi award ,#Outland trophy ,#Nagurski trophy, #Chuck Bednarik award, #Bill Willis trophy, #All-American and 2009 AP Player of the Year!
#BoKnows #Blackshirts

So Eichorst' comments sounds like they already met with Bo to which Bo issued a press release. Looks like this thing may blow over. If anything, he is going to have to really prove his worth on the field. If that means changing things staff wise, personnel wise or scheme wise on offense and defense, so be it. Do what you have to do to win not try to force what isn't working or something that hasn't worked i.e. the 2-gap defense and going man to man against a QB like Hundley. And bench Martinez if he is hurt or if you feel he isn't giving you the best chance to win. That is why you recruit players.

after 646 posts or so about this, ill say I don't care about Bo telling me to f&*@ off....could care less about the audio and could care less of what he thinks of me/us, fans....I just want this program restored....losing to (insert team here) the way we did hurts me far more than Bo telling me to f off.... how many of us have been in the pressure cooker he is in....and how many of us maybe wouldn't/hasn't said the same things in supposed privacy.....I don't care, I just want us to get winning again!!!

Good post.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789

tumblr_lxnz27Dgps1r9p3eno1_500.gif

yes-rudy1.gif

• Fire 1

I just wonder, whoever's been holding on to this for the past two years, why'd they wait until now?

Why not after the Wisky game last year?

That was a conference championship game.

There've been opportunities. But none so good as now. The fan support actually evaporated to a surprising degree after the turnaround and loss to UCLA. I could argue at length as to why I don't think that should have happened, but it feels so irrelevant now...

The goal of the game was always to pile on at the best opportunity.

I just wonder, whoever's been holding on to this for the past two years, why'd they wait until now?

Why not after the Wisky game last year?

Exactly. If it was just a personal vendetta against Bo, a coaching change in the off season is a lot easier deal. The timing makes me think they also have something against our program. Dirk.