Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I think the key thing is how he said in 2011 he wasn't interviewing for jobs. "Rumors" he can't control.

But read that last line. "We'll see how they do when I'm out the door. And that day is coming." He was looking to get out when he still had a fan base full of supporters.

Oh, Bo definitely was shopping around. I forget the year, but '11 sounds right. That is completely unsurprising to me.

He stayed, though.

Whether his choice or not. Doesn't really matter. I can certainly understand his wanting to leave. I suspect he's cooled off the anger since then.

Could you honestly not blame him after all the crap he had to go through with the administration and fans after the year prior. I would have told Harvey to pound sand after that meeting the way he was being chastised by anyone with a pulse

• Fire 1

Zombie Devany hitting the nail on the head, well done.

who what where why

Zombie Devaney@ZombieDevaney6m

We're a fanbase that sells out 328 straight games, then goes to a coach's kid's game and taunts him about his dad.

Zombie Devaney@ZombieDevaney5m

We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather unless we're losing then we'll leave at halftime

Zombie Devaney@ZombieDevaney3m

So yeah, we're a pretty damn good fanbase, but we're not a bunch of saints either. And thats ok. But don't break your arm patting your back

Zombie Devaney@ZombieDevaney3m

Bo shouldn't have said what he said and he'll be dealt with, but maybe our fans need to wake up too. Sadly, they won't.

I don't get what all the fuss is. I don't have a problem with what he said back in 2011. He said he was really pissed off. Sure he was. He has grown since then as well.

Perhaps I'll have to step down as well ... at least from being a "Waterboy" ... but I feel the same way about a lot of "fans" ... even folks here on Huskerboard. There are a lot of idiots who think they know much about football and even about Husker football ... and they are just fair-weather fans wanted a win ... with no clue about how that is done.

What is sad is not what he said ... or even how he said it ... but that the politics of the folks who did and who will use this for their own sordid gain of the direction they believe the program should go.

I don't think Eichorst and Harvey are going to fire Bo. I have a feeling they are going-over options to make the University not appear weak or tolerant of Bo's behavior. I do think, however, Bo is looking at a suspension of one or more games. Just a gut feeling.

If they fire Bo midseason, consider me all aboard the fire Eichorst and fire Perlman train then, because that's just damaging to our program, moreso than this debacle.

*copy/paste cannon engaged*

What?...... are you gonna wait around and wait for him to do something of substance? then IF he does, he's outskie the FIRST opportunity he has. Then the administration we all look like a buncha window lickers at that point.

Please tell me more of this magical coach tree from which you acquire a new coach to lead us to football Valhalla in the middle of the freaking season that you seem to be hinting at, then I'm all with you.

I don't get what all the fuss is. I don't have a problem with what he said back in 2011. He said he was really pissed off. Sure he was. He has grown since then as well.

Perhaps I'll have to step down as well ... at least from being a "Waterboy" ... but I feel the same way about a lot of "fans" ... even folks here on Huskerboard. There are a lot of idiots who think they know much about football and even about Husker football ... and they are just fair-weather fans wanted a win ... with no clue about how that is done.

What is sad is not what he said ... or even how he said it ... but that the politics of the folks who did and who will use this for their own sordid gain of the direction they believe the program should go.

I don't think Eichorst and Harvey are going to fire Bo. I have a feeling they are going-over options to make the University not appear weak or tolerant of Bo's behavior. I do think, however, Bo is looking at a suspension of one or more games. Just a gut feeling.

If they fire Bo midseason, consider me all aboard the fire Eichorst and fire Perlman train then, because that's just damaging to our program, moreso than this debacle.

*copy/paste cannon engaged*

What?...... are you gonna wait around and wait for him to do something of substance? then IF he does, he's outskie the FIRST opportunity he has. Then the administration we all look like a buncha window lickers at that point.

Please tell me more of this magical coach tree from which you acquire a new coach to lead us to football Valhalla in the middle of the freaking season that you seem to be hinting at, then I'm all with you.

i agree man. i'm up for a healthy debate of when to fire him and who in the bloody hell we are going to hire. now might not be the best option... but at some point it has to happen. the sooner the better. its that weird workplace situation that happened that you cant go back from... and if you try, you are denying what will inevitability happen whether you want it to or not. Hell, I was defending Bo for the Tommie comment. I still am... but there is a line, and it was crossed two years ago and captured on tape and then displayed for all to hear. for better or worse.

Tunnel Walk of Shame@TunnelWalkShame

2h

You know what this fire needed? One minute and 44 seconds of gasoline. And Bo provides. This really, really changes things.

Tunnel Walk of Shame@TunnelWalkShame2h

Leaving at half: sh**ty! Sitting on this tape for 2 yrs: sh**ty! Does it matter? f#*k NO. Bo confirmed people's worst fears w/ that tape.

Tunnel Walk of Shame@TunnelWalkShame

2h

You know what audio I really want? Bo when he found out this douchebag leaked the audio today.

Tunnel Walk of Shame@TunnelWalkShame2h

I don't fully disagree with Bo's sentiment. But the fact that he said it IN A ROOM WITH A MICROPHONE is nuts. Come on, guy.

You are sheltered my friend, no realization of the real world.

No people do not say those things in public and not have an affect. This was with in confined walls, secretly recorded. Ever done anything secretly that you might not want known. Things happen.

Trust me I am not a Bo supporter, never have been, catch a lot of grief on this site for my feelings. But this is bull, I know you can't hear that word.

This is being fanned by the media, if not done totally by the media.

Most likely best if Bo is gone, as it is not going to be pretty at the game this weekend, win or lose is my guess.

Tomorrow when this hits ESPN it will really explode and all the blue hairs read the paper. Not going to be good for Nebraska or Bo I am afraid.

• Fire 1

If the job opens up, there will be plenty of qualified candidates. The best choice probably won't be a big name.

I guess we're 0-3 since 1997. I guess we can't strike out forever.....or at least until we're looking for the next head coach in 2018.

God, I hate that next guy. He doesn't really "get" it, the team doesn't play well enough for him, and he refuses to try the #2 QB who is obviously better than the starter.

+1 (I'm out of the real thing)