Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

You know why this is bad? Because this thread exists. Because Twitter exists. When fans, players current and former, coaches, and boosters are all turning on each other, you know this program is in a baaad way. This kind of hostility is toxic. Whether or not Pelini's comments mean anything in the grand scheme of things is now irrelevant. Whoever released them and why is irrelevant. That tape has just poured gas on a fire that was already starting to get out of control.

Main point. How do you make the case that Bo is the coach for Nebraska long-term? Results? Classiness? Love for the program?

There's only so much ill will you can build within a culture before it totally collapses.

If anything the man is human, a real person. Seldom PC and straight forward. Some of you live in a velvet world with ponies running around your front room, pixie dust falling on computers. Real world, real world. Two years ago. Still here and working just as hard, and has made serious inroads to correcting his actions.

Thank God you never were in the Marine Corps or spent time in hostile action, your little ears would have fallen off.

I agree, I do not hold this against him one bit

This isn't the Marines. This is college football where a coach, especially a Nebraska coach is expected to have class and professionalism. Quit defending the guy who couldn't give two dookies about you! Tell me where there is a job that doesn't fire people for telling its customers (fans) to F off other than the moderators on this message board????

FYI mods, this was a joke... kinda

Bo got caught, in a shady way, saying what every coach in the nation at one time our another has, or wants to say about their fanbase. The microscope that these guys are under is to full retard levels. I'm ok with it because I have said it about our own to many times to mention.

And yes, the tweets of former players matter. Hell they see more and know more about Bo than any of us.

Agendas are for pussies. This bothers me none what so ever I

Coaches do a lot of things they don't normally get caught doing. What they seem to forget it is the fans that pay them.

Bo got caught, in a shady way, saying what every coach in the nation at one time our another has, or wants to say about their fanbase. The microscope that these guys are under is to full retard levels. I'm ok with it because I have said it about our own to many times to mention.

And yes, the tweets of former players matter. Hell they see more and know more about Bo than any of us.

+ a million, Paul.

Whoever is responsible for releasing this audio, might have though they were doing something good for the program. But in reality, they have just screwed us over even more.

No coach is his right mind would want to come to a place where the fans do everything they can to get you fired. No recruit is going to want come to a place that has no stability in retain a coach.

• Fire 2

+ a million, Paul.

Second.

If anything the man is human, a real person. Seldom PC and straight forward. Some of you live in a velvet world with ponies running around your front room, pixie dust falling on computers. Real world, real world. Two years ago. Still here and working just as hard, and has made serious inroads to correcting his actions.

Thank God you never were in the Marine Corps or spent time in hostile action, your little ears would have fallen off.

I agree, I do not hold this against him one bit

This isn't the Marines. This is college football where a coach, especially a Nebraska coach is expected to have class and professionalism. Quit defending the guy who couldn't give two dookies about you! Tell me where there is a job that doesn't fire people for telling its customers (fans) to F off other than the moderators on this message board????

Man, it's a good thing you don't live in something called the real world...it would be TOUGH on you!

Out of proportion? I'm dumbfounded that people will defend such a lapse of judgement. He is the CEO of the football program that generates millions in income to the university. If the CEO of any major company came out and said f#*k the customers and I'm leaving as soon as I can, he'd be out of a job. Whether he was on or off the record, this leaked and there is no righting this ship. He's going to look recruits in the eyes now and talk about how amazing our fans and tradition are? Do you not think other coaches will use the fact he said he is leaving in recruiting battles?

• Fire 3

+ a million, Paul.

Second.

Third.

Out of proportion? I'm dumbfounded that people will defend such a lapse of judgement. He is the CEO of the football program that generates millions in income to the university. If the CEO of any major company came out and said f#*k the customers and I'm leaving as soon as I can, he'd be out of a job. Whether he was on or off the record, this leaked and there is no righting this ship. He's going to look recruits in the eyes now and talk about how amazing our fans and tradition is? Do you not think other coaches will use the fact he said he is leaving in recruiting battles?

Bad analogy.