Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

If anything the man is human, a real person. Seldom PC and straight forward. Some of you live in a velvet world with ponies running around your front room, pixie dust falling on computers. Real world, real world. Two years ago. Still here and working just as hard, and has made serious inroads to correcting his actions.

Thank God you never were in the Marine Corps or spent time in hostile action, your little ears would have fallen off.

I agree, I do not hold this against him one bit

This isn't the Marines. This is college football where a coach, especially a Nebraska coach is expected to have class and professionalism. Quit defending the guy who couldn't give two dookies about you! Tell me where there is a job that doesn't fire people for telling its customers (fans) to F off other than the moderators on this message board????

Man, it's a good thing you don't live in something called the real world...it would be TOUGH on you!

Nice rebuttal. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic...

If anything the man is human, a real person. Seldom PC and straight forward. Some of you live in a velvet world with ponies running around your front room, pixie dust falling on computers. Real world, real world. Two years ago. Still here and working just as hard, and has made serious inroads to correcting his actions.

Thank God you never were in the Marine Corps or spent time in hostile action, your little ears would have fallen off.

I agree, I do not hold this against him one bit

This isn't the Marines. This is college football where a coach, especially a Nebraska coach is expected to have class and professionalism. Quit defending the guy who couldn't give two dookies about you! Tell me where there is a job that doesn't fire people for telling its customers (fans) to F off other than the moderators on this message board????

Man, it's a good thing you don't live in something called the real world...it would be TOUGH on you!

Nice rebuttal. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic...

It does. Just have to think about it.

FYI mods, this was a joke... kinda

Ya buncha fairweather b!ackouting posters! ;)

Let's keep in mind, Bo's been classy in public. What he said in private in 2011 is a feeling any coach would have if they saw their stadium emptying. Any coach at any school has some fans who are just against them and all of them f'in hate it.

Bo got caught, in a shady way, saying what every coach in the nation at one time our another has, or wants to say about their fanbase.

After the biggest comeback win in school history? I totally disagree. I think Bo's priorities are all wrong. He should have been happy beyond words. Not whining about fans leaving early.

Maybe those were the people that sent death threats to Cosgroves family.

To soon?

The more I think about this, the more upset I am at the leak. I don't care about the season (expectations were low after saturday anyway) or us or Bo even....I feel bad for the seniors...the once that may have to put up with this crap when they should be having fun playing football for the last time (most of them).

Maybe the kids can rally around their coach but I do feel sad at the realization that Bo doesn't consider himself part of the family...cause whatever happens I still will...

• Fire 1

Bo got caught, in a shady way, saying what every coach in the nation at one time our another has, or wants to say about their fanbase.

After the biggest comeback win in school history? I totally disagree. I think Bo's priorities are all wrong. He should have been happy beyond words. Not whining about fans leaving early.

Maybe those were the people that sent death threats to Cosgroves family.

To soon?

HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE SUCH WONDERFUL FANS WHO ONLY ARE VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT NEBRASKA /sarcasm

Why does Bo care about the fans leaving early anyway? Maybe that's why he can't win the big game. He's too busy watching for fans hitting the exits.

I simply cannot imagine any coach caring about fans leaving early. I'm blown away by this.

Agreed. And besides, where can he go that would be better? For every 10 Nebraska fans that left early, there would be 15 or 20 or 100 or 500 at other schools.

FYI mods, this was a joke... kinda

Ya buncha fairweather b!ackouting posters! ;)

Let's keep in mind, Bo's been classy in public. What he said in private in 2011 is a feeling any coach would have if they saw their stadium emptying. Any coach at any school has some fans who are just against them and all of them f'in hate it.

I think the key thing is how he said in 2011 he wasn't interviewing for jobs. "Rumors" he can't control.

But read that last line. "We'll see how they do when I'm out the door. And that day is coming." He was looking to get out when he still had a fan base full of supporters.

Out of proportion? I'm dumbfounded that people will defend such a lapse of judgement. He is the CEO of the football program that generates millions in income to the university. If the CEO of any major company came out and said f#*k the customers and I'm leaving as soon as I can, he'd be out of a job. Whether he was on or off the record, this leaked and there is no righting this ship. He's going to look recruits in the eyes now and talk about how amazing our fans and tradition is? Do you not think other coaches will use the fact he said he is leaving in recruiting battles?

Bad analogy.

He is the highest paid state employee in Nebraska and isn't responsible for the football program? The Nebraska brand isn't his responsibility to protect?