Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

Was just leaving class and ran across Sean Callahan outside the stadium so i stopped to see what was going on. He said they havent been able to reach oit to anyone yet but said things off the field were far from normal because of the leaked audio. Whenever Sean is around you know something is up. I dont see anyway Bo survives this

I know this is the thread about some recording, and honestly at the moment I don't even care about the recording. I care about the short sightedness. If Pelini goes, we've basically gone through a coach every 6 years since TO's retirement. TO's legacy is because of his last 5 seasons and deservedly so......but the 20 before that had their share of ups and downs. I understand the thing about blowout losses. Callahan had them and Pelini has had them. But we're not going to build a program with a coaching carousel. When it comes to Nebraska football, I'm a nobody......I'm not a big donor and I have no weight to throw around. I know a little bit about football and quite a bit about the Huskers dating back to the 1970's. I'm just a poster on some internet message board. But I don't want a coaching change.

+1 Me too...

Don't compare Pelini to Osborne. Just don't, please. I don't even have to present an argument on that.

University of Nebraska Football, where coaches get run out of town.

Did we run Callahan out? No his W&L record did that to him. Are we running Bo out? No his epic blowout losses on national TV and telling the fans to F' off did that. The only person who has any gripe would be Solich and there are plenty of rumors surrounding his demise.

Cosgrove? Watson? Bohl? Carl? Callahan? These guys won't even talk about their experience at NU, why is that? It's not just W/L. My dad met Cosgroves brother a couple years back, said some actions by the fanbase toward his brother were in the nature of rumors that Dan Beabe vocalized from his experience. Were those coaches successful here? Nope, not really, but why won't they talk about their time here? We're going on 12 seasons of inconsistent mediocre teams and every offseason a group of fans want the HC gone. 12 years of overrated teams is a trend that is far separating us from any elite status and is making an already difficult program (which I'm proud of) look less and less appealing for any coach to consider us a "dream job," except maybe Scott Frost.

Look at Texas Tech, Kansas, and USF after their coaching debacle, programs that may never recover and were on the cusp. I just see this getting worse before getting better.

That goes with high end football, college or Pro. People wanted Les Miles fired for going 13-1. Can't stand the heat, keep out of the kitchen. Dealing with/ignoring this type of thing is part of why they make several million dollars a year.

And seriously, you are really putting NEBRASKA in comparision with TT, KU and USF?!?

And TT looks like they might have hit it good with Kingsburry.

What has NU done in the last decade? TT and KU each had a shot at a natty more recently.

Just seems kind of crappy to put this away for two years then bring it out. Good heavens knows I've said some things in my past few years I regret and didn't really mean. We let the President of the US go for lying about something that was "private". I guess I'm just a careless 50+ year fan of the Huskers who hates the foul language in this more than the intent...but how many of you would want every moment of your life, when outside of your house, recorded and held over your head for the next several years.

If he'd said that this weekend, then yeah....but give the man the same break you'd give yourself.

On the other hand, I do understand the outrage. I just hope it doesn't turn into a lynching. Firing the coach now doesn't achieve anything.

Just thinking as I type. Maybe, if we do need a change, doing it right now might be best. Get an interim coach, temper our expectations and give all the young guns a free season to develop?

Glad I'm just a computer dude and not in the Athletic Department or a $$$$Booster.

• Fire 2

Did we run Callahan out? No his W&L record did that to him. Are we running Bo out? No his epic blowout losses on national TV and telling the fans to F' off did that. The only person who has any gripe would be Solich and there are plenty of rumors surrounding his demise.

Cosgrove? Watson? Bohl? Carl? Callahan? These guys won't even talk about their experience at NU, why is that? It's not just W/L. My dad met Cosgroves brother a couple years back, said some actions by the fanbase toward his brother were in the nature of rumors that Dan Beabe vocalized from his experience. Were those coaches successful here? Nope, not really, but why won't they talk about their time here? We're going on 12 seasons of inconsistent mediocre teams and every offseason a group of fans want the HC gone. 12 years of overrated teams is a trend that is far separating us from any elite status and is making an already difficult program (which I'm proud of) look less and less appealing for any coach to consider us a "dream job," except maybe Scott Frost.

Look at Texas Tech, Kansas, and USF after their coaching debacle, programs that may never recover and were on the cusp. I just see this getting worse before getting better.

That goes with high end football, college or Pro. People wanted Les Miles fired for going 13-1. Can't stand the heat, keep out of the kitchen. Dealing with/ignoring this type of thing is part of why they make several million dollars a year.

And seriously, you are really putting NEBRASKA in comparision with TT, KU and USF?!?

What has NU done in the last decade? TT and KU each had a shot at a natty more recently.

And we had shots at conference championships 3 times recently 4 in the last decade. Have they?

I know this is the thread about some recording, and honestly at the moment I don't even care about the recording. I care about the short sightedness. If Pelini goes, we've basically gone through a coach every 6 years since TO's retirement. TO's legacy is because of his last 5 seasons and deservedly so......but the 20 before that had their share of ups and downs. I understand the thing about blowout losses. Callahan had them and Pelini has had them. But we're not going to build a program with a coaching carousel. When it comes to Nebraska football, I'm a nobody......I'm not a big donor and I have no weight to throw around. I know a little bit about football and quite a bit about the Huskers dating back to the 1970's. I'm just a poster on some internet message board. But I don't want a coaching change.

+1 Me too...

Don't compare Pelini to Osborne. Just don't, please. I don't even have to present an argument on that.

I compared Osborne to no one. I simply referred to Osborne's legacy and his 25 year stint as head coach. If I correlated Pelini to anyone in my post it was to Callahan for the blowout losses. I'm not interested in an argument......nor am I interested in yet another new head coach.

I've just spent the last two years blaming the Husker's woes on head coaching, but oddly found myself in Pelini's corner on this one.

He had a point about that OSU game.

And I sure as hell wouldn't want people to hear all the things I've said when I thought I was ranting in private to people I trusted.

Bob Devaney is lucky he didn't live in the age of Twitter.

• Fire 1

If we actually act on this, we shall see Nebraska enter an unreal nightmare of crap football. Who will want to come here? The rabidness of the fan base, the expectations, the difficulty of recruiting.

We are all now dumber for reading this last post. These are just issues for this coaching staff, a staff that actually tries to recruit during the season will be able to do much better. The rest of those excuses are at every other major school, your defeatist "I’m scared of change" attitude is why we are stuck with this POS in the first place.

Tell me, who is going to want to come here? Huh? We are not the program we once were, we are not a top choice, especially with all the other schools with even more resources and better recruiting opportunities that are going to be needing coaches soon. If we fire this guy in midseason over this, we are going to see things go south fast.

Good grief...one of the top winningest programs in history and suddenly we'll be Kansas...unable to hire a coach worth anything? I just don't understand this line of thinking...

No they didn't. They were out of the 'race' before the end of the year, They have never played for a title of any kind, not even a conference title. And the best years of their entire program, ever, happened at our low point.