Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I think what bothers me the most is his attitude that he's our savior and we're lucky to have him. "We'll see what they can do when I'm gone." Be a mediocre team like we are now? I'm sure there are tons of coaches who can maintain that, Bo.

Not only that but "We'll see what they can do when I'm gone." is not referring to being fired, it's referring to when he gets hired elsewhere.

I don't think Bo said anything out of line, aside from the f-word. Getting to the point, we knew he was pissed with the media and it is OK for him to be critical of our fan base. It sounds bad, but I don't make too much of it.

Other people wont think the way I do. Either Bo rallies this team around this negativity or he gets fired.

Well first I'd say he better adress this in a press conference.

By stepping down as head coach of the University of Nebraska football team.

I don't think Bo said anything out of line, aside from the f-word. Getting to the point, we knew he was pissed with the media and it is OK for him to be critical of our fan base. It sounds bad, but I don't make too much of it.

Other people wont think the way I do. Either Bo rallies this team around this negativity or he gets fired.

Well first I'd say he better adress this in a press conference.

By stepping down as head coach of the University of Nebraska football team.

The longer they delay the press conference, the more that makes me think something like this could be afoot.

I think what bothers me the most is his attitude that he's our savior and we're lucky to have him. "We'll see what they can do when I'm gone." Be a mediocre team like we are now? I'm sure there are tons of coaches who can maintain that, Bo.

Not only that but "We'll see what they can do when I'm gone." is not referring to being fired, it's referring to when he gets hired elsewhere.

When he had that sweet, sweet Ohio State job in his sights.

He was pissed off and blowing some steam. I get that. I've said a lot worse things about people I respect after a heated meeting. Pretty stupid to do that in a recording studio, though.

What pisses me off is: "'Cause the day is f'ing coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm f'ing gone." F&*k you, Bo. You haven't built a goddamn thing here. You pissed on the fire Callahan left. That's it. If we boot you, you'll be coaching defensive backs for the Buffalo Bills.

This blows majorly hard for recruiting, though (not that it's been good). A switch has been flipped with the fanbase and a string of wins against the dregs of the Big 10 isn't going to change anything.

I can't imagine a coach wants to come here when he thinks "Hey, maybe someone I trust will record me in an inopportune situation and release it when I lose a game!"

If that was true, no one would coach in the SEC.

Well, it appears to be true here.

The reason we didn't get a 'named' coach after Callahan was TO was not willing to pay top cash. Starting point needs to be $3,5 million, possibly $4 million, and another $4 million for the assistant pool. And TO was NOT going to pay that.

Well, if Pelini goes I guess we'll get to see how coach #4 since TO can do, huh?

Well, I disagree completely. I don't care so much about dropping the f-bomb, but more about his attitude toward the fans.

His only defense is that it was 2 years ago, and he can apologize and say he's matured since then.

If Eichorst wants to get rid of him, he's got all he needs, without having to apologize for canning a coach never losing more than 4 games. My guess is that he lets the season play out, and if Bo salvages a decent season, he'll stay, but failure to make the CCG, or losing it and the bowl game, and he's most likely gone.