Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if someone has already pointed this out... but the part that struck me...

"Our crowd. What a bunch of fing fair-weather fing—they can all kiss my ass out the fing door. 'Cause the day is fing coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm fing gone. I'm so fing pissed off."

Remember all those jobs Bo was linked to after 2011 and even to an extent after last season? And he said he wasn't looking? Um, care to rethink that?

University of Nebraska Football, where coaches get run out of town.

Did we run Callahan out? No his W&L record did that to him. Are we running Bo out? No his epic blowout losses on national TV and telling the fans to F' off did that. The only person who has any gripe would be Solich and there are plenty of rumors surrounding his demise.

Cosgrove? Watson? Bohl? Carl? Callahan? These guys won't even talk about their experience at NU, why is that? It's not just W/L. My dad met Cosgroves brother a couple years back, said some actions by the fanbase toward his brother were in the nature of rumors that Dan Beabe vocalized from his experience. Were those coaches successful here? Nope, not really, but why won't they talk about their time here? We're going on 12 seasons of inconsistent mediocre teams and every offseason a group of fans want the HC gone. 12 years of overrated teams is a trend that is far separating us from any elite status and is making an already difficult program (which I'm proud of) look less and less appealing for any coach to consider us a "dream job," except maybe Scott Frost.

Look at Texas Tech, Kansas, and USF after their coaching debacle, programs that may never recover and were on the cusp. I just see this getting worse before getting better.

That goes with high end football, college or Pro. People wanted Les Miles fired for going 13-1. Can't stand the heat, keep out of the kitchen. Dealing with/ignoring this type of thing is part of why they make several million dollars a year.

And seriously, you are really putting NEBRASKA in comparision with TT, KU and USF?!?

And TT looks like they might have hit it good with Kingsburry.

Over 400 people looking at this thread. HAHAHA.

Yep, and those 300+ "guests" include members of the local and national media. What we're saying here is being used to craft story lines.

It isn't just Bo who needs to be aware that what you say is out there, always. Fans have to think that way, too.

Yup.

Those 10 years later, Nebraska has gone without a conference championship. They've spent zero seasons as a national championship contender. And they've switched coaches and conferences. There is angst in Lincoln, and the blame wanders around. Husker message boards like Huskerboard.com already have threads up about potential new coaches. Tim Beck is taking blame for flaccid play-calling once the team.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1326833.html

I think Bo should do more than give a presses and sy some politically correct things.

He could use this opportunity to have a "fireside" chat and just and Festivus style airing of grievances. Let him explain his expectations of fans, tell us how he is trying really hard, how he knows we have have high expectations and he wants to fulfill. Them more than anything. Tell us some of his stress of the microscope, etc...

Then he can begin to apologize and tell us the connection he wants w fans and the program. Galvanize the relationship.

I'm not happy w what he said, but I'm not above a second chance here either. Give him a chance to explain and prove it on the field

• Fire 1

I know this is the thread about some recording, and honestly at the moment I don't even care about the recording. I care about the short sightedness. If Pelini goes, we've basically gone through a coach every 6 years since TO's retirement. TO's legacy is because of his last 5 seasons and deservedly so......but the 20 before that had their share of ups and downs. I understand the thing about blowout losses. Callahan had them and Pelini has had them. But we're not going to build a program with a coaching carousel. When it comes to Nebraska football, I'm a nobody......I'm not a big donor and I have no weight to throw around. I know a little bit about football and quite a bit about the Huskers dating back to the 1970's. I'm just a poster on some internet message board. But I don't want a coaching change.

+1 Me too...