Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

This is bad, utterly bad by Bo.

But part of me wants him to stick around another couple of years, because SCREW the jackass who chose this moment, this time to release this recording. This is some beyond bush-league stuff.

It had better not have been a member of the press.

Who else would have that kind of access at that moment? It has to be someone of the media...

There are lots of people in the room. Sound guys, technicians, AD staff, you name it. If it was a member of the press, that person needs to be fired. Now.

Its one thing if it was just an attack on the guys from the newspaper. But the attacks on the fan base, one that is one of, if not the most possessive of its football team as there is. Nebraska football is intrinsically woven into the identity of the state, and telling the whole fan base off is beyond idiotic. Coupled with the continual epic losses, it will be too toxic for this relationship to continue.

But part of me wants him to stick around another couple of years, because SCREW the jackass who chose this moment, this time to release this recording. This is some beyond bush-league stuff.

Who else would have that kind of access at that moment? It has to be someone of the media...

There are lots of people in the room. Sound guys, technicians, AD staff, you name it. If it was a member of the press, that person needs to be fired. Now.

Agreed. Whatever benefit this has is more than outweighed by the tremendous cost it will burden this program with.

yeah but why would any of them have a recorder on? Reporters always have the recorders going so they can go back and write their story. An AD staff member or technician wouldnt be doing that.....would they?

I really don't think this is as big of a deal as some are making it out to be.

And if Bo gets fired, I'd rather he gets fired based on the product he puts on the field, and not because of something he said while someone was secretly recording it. It's chickensh#t nonsense.

+1 I wish he hadn't have said what he said, but he was making these statements after a very intense game against Ohio State (in 2011), in which the team was being booed off the field at halftime. He was also making these statements (what he thought) was a private moment. I think we all have said things in private moments which we wouldn't want made public.

• Fire 1

University of Nebraska Football, where coaches get run out of town.

Did we run Callahan out? No his W&L record did that to him. Are we running Bo out? No his epic blowout losses on national TV and telling the fans to F' off did that. The only person who has any gripe would be Solich and there are plenty of rumors surrounding his demise.

If we actually act on this, we shall see Nebraska enter an unreal nightmare of crap football. Who will want to come here? The rabidness of the fan base, the expectations, the difficulty of recruiting.

We are all now dumber for reading this last post. These are just issues for this coaching staff, a staff that actually tries to recruit during the season will be able to do much better. The rest of those excuses are at every other major school, your defeatist "I’m scared of change" attitude is why we are stuck with this POS in the first place.

yeah but why would any of them have a recorder on? Reporters always have the recorders going so they can go back and write their story. An AD staff member or technician wouldnt be doing that.....would they?

Just needs to be a smartphone app man. But odds are that it was someone who works in the athletic department, and events that took place after the game, that we have not been made privy to, spurred this release. If he acts like that all the time, there are going to be a hell of a lot of people in that department with an ax to grind.