Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

Call him a coward for sending anonymously, but he would have to be an absolute moron to attach his name to it. He would be like the Husker Steve Bartman.

As far as having an agenda, yes. He clearly did. Having an agenda is not bad in itself. Everyone has an agenda. He clearly is a Husker fan and was pissed about another bad loss and the Frazier thing. That's clear from the Deadspin emails. So he wants Pelini fired because he thinks it will ultimately better the football program. You may disagree, but it seems pretty clear that he was not some Kansas State fan trying to bring down the Husker empire or something.

As far as him being a scumbag or whatever, I don't see it. Had he made up false info or somehow edited the footage to say something that wasn't really said, that would be a scumbag. Releasing actual information at the time you think it will have the most impact, that's just marketing. You know who else operates like that? Every media outlet in this country.

Personally I'm glad to have the full info and know how Pelini feels (or at least felt). I can't stand all the press conference coachspeak nonsense.

If you disagree with the guy's agenda, fine. But I don't get this hardcore demonizing.

neither do i, at least in regards to the hardcore demonizing of bo for his venting. if you dislike him because he has under-performed, that is fine. but he deserves to not be judged by the shameless publication of a personal venting.

and bs regarding the timing and agenda. if we really deserved to know this, then we should be mad it was not made public as soon as it was discovered. this is some shameful sh#t.

• Fire 2

Call him a coward for sending anonymously, but he would have to be an absolute moron to attach his name to it. He would be like the Husker Steve Bartman.

As far as having an agenda, yes. He clearly did. Having an agenda is not bad in itself. Everyone has an agenda. He clearly is a Husker fan and was pissed about another bad loss and the Frazier thing. That's clear from the Deadspin emails. So he wants Pelini fired because he thinks it will ultimately better the football program. You may disagree, but it seems pretty clear that he was not some Kansas State fan trying to bring down the Husker empire or something.

As far as him being a scumbag or whatever, I don't see it. Had he made up false info or somehow edited the footage to say something that wasn't really said, that would be a scumbag. Releasing actual information at the time you think it will have the most impact, that's just marketing. You know who else operates like that? Every media outlet in this country.

Personally I'm glad to have the full info and know how Pelini feels (or at least felt). I can't stand all the press conference coachspeak nonsense.

If you disagree with the guy's agenda, fine. But I don't get this hardcore demonizing.

neither do i, at least in regards to the hardcore demonizing of bo for his venting. if you dislike him because he has under-performed, that is fine. but he deserves to not be judged by the shameless publication of a personal venting.

and bs regarding the timing and agenda. if we really deserved to know this, then we should be mad it was not made public as soon as it was discovered. this is some shameful sh#t.

Dang, might be two weeks now.

sd'sker doing work.

Anyone else find the irony in posters saying "If I bitched about my customers, even in private; I'd deserved to be fired on the spot" and then continue on about how they would have every right to do so because they put up with crazy, mean, irrational customers all day everyday. But because they are respectable adults they don't badmouth, even in private.... (FYI, the interwebs isn't exactly private, especially on a free public message board)

Bo said he never pursued a job while at Nebraska. Media members are now coming out and saying that is a lie. Thoughts?

http://www.chicagotr...,2368436.column

On the conf call they had people asking questions from USA Today, ESPN, AP (I believe), Chicago Tribune, and a Nebraska outlet. So that's probably where this comes from. Anyway, I remember the Miami talks but never heard of the Tennessee or Arkansas. It is interesting to hear that though. Wouldn't surprise me if he would've like to go to the SEC for whatever reasons.

How We Acquired That Bo Pelini Audio Recording

About 35 minutes after we published Pelini's rant, we heard from a different source who asked us not to disclose his name. This second source—who made it clear he is not the same person as our original source—told us he had learned a recording of Pelini's rant may have been out there back on Oct. 10, 2011—just two days after it was recorded. The second source said he first heard about it from someone who had talked to someone "within NRG media." About a year ago, our second source said, he was given a redacted transcript of what Pelini said on the the recording, which he shared with us:

Click the link above to see the transcripts. I'm not posting them here because they don't have the f-words censored

Deadspin referred to Sipple as a "hacky journalist". Did anyone else laugh out loud at this?

:rollin

Jeebus Kriest. The dickwad waited two years. Sat on it for two years, waiting for that "moment". Personally, I'd like to beat the livin sh#t out of him. He's a chicken sh#t, agenda-driven pile of crap that does not deserve to wear red. He didnt kick a coach when he was down. He kicked a whole program and family when we were down. And did it by recording what was understood as a private converstaion. Screw him and this perspective. I hope he rots in hell.

• Fire 1

Bo said he never pursued a job while at Nebraska. Media members are now coming out and saying that is a lie. Thoughts?

On the conf call they had people asking questions from USA Today, ESPN, AP (I believe), Chicago Tribune, and a Nebraska outlet. So that's probably where this comes from. Anyway, I remember the Miami talks but never heard of the Tennessee or Arkansas. It is interesting to hear that though. Wouldn't surprise me if he would've like to go to the SEC for whatever reasons.

Bo said he never pursued another job but he was pursued.

Bo said he never pursued another job but he was pursued.

And he stayed for us? :wub:

The tape suggests otherwise. Excited utterances may be admitted for the truth of the matter asserted.

Jeebus Kriest. The dickwad waited two years. Sat on it for two years, waiting for that "moment". Personally, I'd like to beat the livin sh#t out of him. He's a chicken sh#t, agenda-driven pile of crap that does not deserve to wear red. He didnt kick a coach when he was down. He kicked a whole program and family when we were down. And did it by recording what was understood as a private converstaion. Screw him and this perspective. I hope he rots in hell.

This. It's not a matter of the recording, it's a matter of someone waited two years to make it public. That's what asses me up the most

I haven't seen this posted yet but here's today's post practice presser from Bo:

http://sports.omaha.com/2013/09/17/video-pelini-addresses-media-tuesday/#video-pelini-says-he-fully-anticipates-coaching-this-weekend

I was kinda expecting a more concerted response from Bo than either the morning's teleconference (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/Bo-Pelini-Teleconference-Sept17-1118905, via Landlord) or this. Seems they're trying to play this off as not a very big deal, which might work, but Pelini has a lot of work to do to make up ground with the fans and that'll require, IMO, a bigger effort.

He didn't have it for two years guys. But Mr. A does not appear to be in a mindset to be reasoned with.

As for the quotes today. Yes, he said he had been pursued but had not pursued anyone. Two national CFB journalists (Bruce Feldman of CBS and Teddy Greenstein of The Chicago Tribune) both say they have good sources that deny that claim. Apparently Pelini pursued Arkansas, Tennessee, Ohio St., Penn St. and two schools in Florida.

I'm not aware of either of these guys having credibility issues.