Bo knows whodunnit

Saunders

I have little doubt it's from one of the underground circles of grapevine information. Stuff gets shared rather loosely sometimes and a lot of those people have been angry with Bo for a long time. However, based on the published emails by Deadspin I don't think this was an effort by more than one individual who took it upon himself to release it.

Whether the file was just shared around too much or whether it was one of the few people who had it to begin with is hard to say. But while I did for a little while think it was the local media dredging up their stock of anti-Bo stuff, I think now it's clear that it was just some Biff the Blogger.

• Fire 1

Theory:

This secret tape had a few studio people have access to it. The same people decided to keep it under wraps, probably forever until one low moral character, most likely outside the circle, offered the trade with $$$ and bombshell tape. Kinda like drug deal.

sounds like you were in on it......was it you? lol

Caught me! I'm a low moral man.

Circle_of_Trust.jpeg

[Redacted]

To:
Dom Cosentino

Subject:
Re: "Secret" Bo Pelini audio

Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM

You're serious? No I'm not Tom Osborne.

The tipster then asked us not to publish any more of our correspondence. He or she said it was "time to move on." Our work is done here.

I can only imagine that the "tipster" wants this to have never, ever happened.

Like I said earlier - they misjudged this fan base if they think anyone's going to forget this.

I'd like to know who released it. Someone should lose their job over this. It's not breaking news. It ended up making the University, it's coach and us fans look like foolish babies. You know the initial reaction was "what a jerk" but that quickly changed to "yeah those Nebraska fans..." Seriously the person that did this made a mockery of the University.

The other woman you hear in the tape is the Associate Athletic Director for Community Relations, and she should know better also.

One might think he'd tone down his tirade with her in the room. Unless she was just used to it.

Bo didn't need any transition time to go into the interview itself. He slid right from m-f'r into PR mode. One gets the feeling this was more than "a moment" for him.

I'm ready to move on, and pay attention to the product on the field. Which - let's face it - got a lot more interesting. Because the players who came to Bo's defense are now in the position to play like their coach's job depended on it.

And while I defended Bo his rant and thanked God nobody records my private moments, I'm forced to admit that my rants are probably closer to how I really feel than the happy horsesh#t I say to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

• Fire 3

One might think he'd tone down his tirade with her in the room. Unless she was just used to it.

Bo didn't need any transition time to go into the interview itself. He slid right from m-f'r into PR mode. One gets the feeling this was more than "a moment" for him.

Agreed. Neither she nor Sharpe seemed phased at all. Sharpe was even egging it on talking about the empty part of the student section.

You can argue all you want about the ethics of the person culpable in putting this recording in the public domain, but Bo Pelini should have never made those remarks, anywhere, anytime and to anyone. He is the only person responsible for this black eye on the program. Had he used better judgement, we would not have experienced this entire episode. I really do not care if he knows who is responsible, or not. And, I certainly do not care. In my opinion, the guy (Pelini) has some anger management issues. He has demonstrated that more than once. I hope he has learned something. However, my bet is that he will do something irrational again. For his sake and the sake of the program, I hope not. But, one never knows. End of story.

Let us all move on from here.