***** Osborne Speaks *****

GSG

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 14m

Tom Osborne's full statement: “I was asked for comments concerning the recent incident involving Coach (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rnmn8l

Tom Osborne's full statement:

“I was asked for comments concerning the recent incident involving Coach Pelini by members of the press and felt that it was inappropriate to respond until University officials had reviewed the situation.

“After the comments were made public on Monday, I informed the Chancellor and Director of Athletics that I had become aware of the tape involving Coach Pelini last fall, about a year after the Ohio State game in 2011 when the comments were recorded. After I had listened to the tape I visited with Coach Pelini about it and expressed my concerns. Bo had not heard the tape at that time. I visited with all my coaches regularly about their conduct and language throughout my tenure as Athletic Director.

Rest of it is here

• Fire 1

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 14m

Tom Osborne's full statement: “I was asked for comments concerning the recent incident involving Coach (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rnmn8l

Tom Osborne's full statement:

“I was asked for comments concerning the recent incident involving Coach Pelini by members of the press and felt that it was inappropriate to respond until University officials had reviewed the situation.

“After the comments were made public on Monday, I informed the Chancellor and Director of Athletics that I had become aware of the tape involving Coach Pelini last fall, about a year after the Ohio State game in 2011 when the comments were recorded. After I had listened to the tape I visited with Coach Pelini about it and expressed my concerns. Bo had not heard the tape at that time. I visited with all my coaches regularly about their conduct and language throughout my tenure as Athletic Director.

Rest of it is here

So there we go.....TO found out about it and addressed it with Pelini about a year ago. Looks like TO has Pelini's back.

I respect this from TO. All of this talk about a stupid tape from 2 years ago is a huge distraction from the real issue of Bo's product on the field, which was on full display last Saturday. I will continue to support the Huskers as I always have and always will. Hopefully we will come out and dominate SDSU on Saturday for 4 quarters. GBR

I am very hopeful that the players, coaches and fans will pull together as unity of purpose has been one of our major assets over the last 50 years.”

This is aimed squarely at the fans. As it should be. How often to you see an AD--or former AD--call out the fans? Especially the Greatest Fans in the World?

So because Tom knew about this a year ago it suddenly makes everything okay?

I'm failing to see the logic here...

OTOH, if the admin already knew about it and dealt with it, should Pelini be punished again just because the public found out?

• Fire 1

Somehow Tom just makes everything ok.

Couldn't have said it better myself. His maturity, wisdom and beliefs come shining through in that statement. What a wonderful man, coach and individual. It's funny, I worked for a NBA team for many years and had the chance to meet Jordan, Shaq, Barkley, etc, and it was always cool and people would ask me about it, but I would always tell them the one person I met who I was the most nervous and excited for was Tom Obsorne, just always looked up to him and admired him since I started watching NU football in the late 70's...

All I'm saying is watch the air go out of the balloon now... "Tom knew about it and handled it, good enough for me."

I'm not saying that is my personal opinion mind you, but I think it is what will happen.

I was saying (meaning) that we will never have a definitive voice like him again.