Pelini's Formal Apology

QMany

just a general comment and not really about what Pelini said. Today's society seems hold very few people accountable anymore and we are always giving people second chances. It seems no one gives thought anymore when they act because they can just apologize afterward. more often than naught they didn't learn their lesson. Honestly Bo got lucky that Miller left the game otherwise we don't win that game.

We already know you have a strong dislike for Bo, so I am sure your post isn't taken in serious by anyone. You must be happy that Bo gave you something to eat on and grow a bigger dislike for him huh? I am glad you know Bo's feelings and know that he hasn't learned his lesson. I am also glad you have the ability to see that we would have lost if Miller would have went down. Who gives a hoot? Its part of the game, tOSU should have been smarter and had a good backup behind him. Let me guess, your part of that fan base that also thinks we would have lost if Dennard didn't go down too, even though he was shut out until he injured himself?

No i am not going to say we would have lost to Michigan even though we kept him in check, Dennard is also like Martinez where he just needs one play to bust it open. You know why i don't like Bo because of the ass whoopings. That is all. I guess you care for them. Yes we would of lost if Miller stayed in. We were down and Ohio St was moving the ball. That's just being real, looks like you arent. Yes injuries are part of the game but acting like they have no impact when their starting qb goes down is stupid.

Still didn't like the details in the conversation on USC yesterday.... Mike'l and John said they "knew" he tried for Ohio St., Penn. St., and Miami....

The Mike'l rant in the beginning of the Dirk Chatlein segment of today's podcast was interesting he made some great points.... He said (paraphrasing) that if he was a Nebraska fan he would be pissed that Bo looked for multiple jobs, and some fans are silly for believing that he didn't mean what he said.... Lots of fantastic points....

The same John Bishop who used to work at KLIN in Lincoln, on Jack & John in the Morning, but left for 1620? That John Bishop? Because it seems to me Bish did exactly the same thing Bo did - and most any professional does.

I wonder if Bishop was giggling in the background as Severe was giving his holier-than-thou speech about being pissed about looking for other jobs.

If Bo finds something better for him, then that's fine. Bo should go if that's the case. Most of us would take a better opportunity if there was one available, professionally. How many of us actively look for inferior jobs than the one we have? IF (I said IF) Bo was trying to go to Penn St., or Miami after what both of those programs were facing, then I find that insulting to Nebraska.

Again, I'm supporting Bo, and I hope he's here for a long time. I just found the "job search" talk disheartening.... Especially since longevity was a characteristic Osborne was looking at in potential coaching candidates after firing Callahan....

I love my family and they are pretty much the most important thing in my life. At the same time, I have said some truly awful things about them in private, and to some of my friends, when they have pissed me off. I absolutely meant them at the time as I vented, but it certainly didn't reflect how I really feel about my family in an overall sense. And I'm quite sure just about everyone has done the same thing with something they cared about.

So yeah, I can accept Bo's apology and move on because I'm not a hypocrite, which is far more than I can say for some Husker fans.

• Fire 2

I should also point out that I don't hold any of this against Bo. I'm just not naïve as most of you. Bo probably has looked for other jobs, and he definitely has said "f#*k you fans" more than once in private.....

i think we all know that. most of us just do not care.

The bashing of our fanbase doesn't bother me the slightest. Admittedly, it does bother me IF Bo is actively pursuing other jobs every offseason....

It's people like yourself that probably believe Bo didn't really mean all those things he said in the audiotape. Come back to reality. You think that was the only time Bo ever said anything like that? Not every member of the media lacks credibility, and what would be the motivation for national writers to make stuff up about this? I thought Nebraska was irrelevant? I know there are some radio/newspaper/internet media members that say things for "hits", and "ratings", but all of them?

I should also point out that I don't hold any of this against Bo. I'm just not naïve as most of you. Bo probably has looked for other jobs, and he definitely has said "f#*k you fans" more than once in private.....

I am not saying he didn't mean it, so I am not saying where you get that rather than making assumptions. The thing is, I could care less what he said TWO years ago. If he has said it more than one occasion, then so be it. I don't care. You say things when your heated. I know this, because I say things I don't mean when I am pissed off. Bo also said these things out of anger after Dick Chatelain walked out of the room. Who knows what was said or how angry he was. I think all of the media is out to make something more than what it is suppose to be. I have never seen an article that validated that Bo has applied for other jobs. Not ONE reliable source. Again, reporters talk to make a story, or go with what they believe happened. They get people to bite and help out their ratings and they get paid. I am simply not going to believe Bo was looking for another job, unless someone RELIABLE comes out, i.e. a university.

It's people like yourself that probably believe Bo didn't really mean all those things he said in the audiotape. Come back to reality. You think that was the only time Bo ever said anything like that? Not every member of the media lacks credibility, and what would be the motivation for national writers to make stuff up about this? I thought Nebraska was irrelevant? I know there are some radio/newspaper/internet media members that say things for "hits", and "ratings", but all of them?

I am not saying he didn't mean it, so I am not saying where you get that rather than making assumptions. The thing is, I could care less what he said TWO years ago. Bo also said these things out of anger after Dick Chatelain walked out of the room. Who knows what was said or how angry he was. I think all of the media is out to make something more than what it is suppose to be. I have never seen an article that validated that Bo has applied for other jobs. Not ONE reliable source. Again, reporters talk to make a story, or go with what they believe happened. They get people to bite and help out their ratings and they get paid. I am simply not going to believe Bo was looking for another job, unless someone RELIABLE comes out, i.e. a university.

A university isn't going to go to the press with news that a coach from another school called them about their current opening.... Again, what Bo said doesn't bother me. There has been a reasonable portion of our fanbase that has deserved a "f##k you" since he's been here....

i think we all know that. most of us just do not care.

The bashing of our fanbase doesn't bother me the slightest. Admittedly, it does bother me IF Bo is actively pursuing other jobs every offseason....

that would be disappointing. when he did make that comment, i think it was at a particularly low point of his tenure here.

however, i am a little ambivalent of bo leaving. that is the nature of the profession and maybe he is not the guy for the job here. i still think he might be our guy, time will tell. what would really upset me is if he was lazily recruiting because he was not expecting to be here much longer, but i do not think that is the case.

i do appreciate loyalty in a coach as much as anyone, but that is near impossible to find. and honestly, we would drop bo just about as fast as he would drop us. so, it is what it is.

I agree with that guy on KFAB....this whole thing has been a girlie soap opera. Who cares what he vented about two years ago. The deal was and is ....you're competitive in the big games or you're gone.

That's largely what it comes down to. My gut tells me that if Pelini is still here come next year, and doesn't win a conference title this year, he's on the chopping block. In many ways he's on the death walk towards the chopping block right now. Divisional titles aren't enough anymore when you haven't won a conference title since 1999, and I think that's just the reality of the situation. I mean 2013 was supposed to be "the year" for Nebraska, and has been "the year" for the last few years. One thing led to another and they're apparently nowhere near where they thought they'd be, and that was before everything that happened this this week.

Nebraska fans would be more than capable of waiting for a title shot for several years, as long as they were winning conference titles. I have a very tough time believing Pelini will make it to year 8 or 9 without a conf. title. I know they've had a lot of extenuating circumstances that have led to a lack of depth, or what have you, but more than half a decade is a fairly good barometer for how good a coach is.