What Bo said to John Papuchis

Redux

In his presser, Bo said he had EIGHT people in the box, and they still weren't getting it done.

Yep. A lot of it is just plain old missed assignments. I just heard Sipple on USC and he said the defense missed something like 30 assignments in the 67 plays SDSU ran.

Other eye-opening stats for those of you that haven't heard them yet - Nebraska is giving up an average of eight yards per play on first down. Nebraska's opponents are also earning a first down on 1st and 10 35% of the time. Also, I noticed at the end of the third quarter, SDSU's running back had 20 or 21 carries for about 200 yards and NU didn't have a single TFL against him. Not one. The defense has very little interior pressure and ability to crash the back field.

Pelini said in his presser today that it's definitely an attitude and mental thing that this team is lacking. From the outside looking in, it's like the desire and want-to isn't there as much as it should be, which results in a lack of focus and missed assignments.

I really do not know why that comes as a surprise to any of us. They continuously make remarks, they slapped us in the face, surprised us, we thought they would lay down. Attitude is missing.

But the idea of the defense seems to be take away what they did, not line up and say you are not going to do this. The defense dictates what the offense can do attitude. Just not there. We are lost if they come out in a different attack mode. Poor preparation in the long run. Play football, it is not rocket science.

Hmmm....when was the last time an FCS school was picked to beat bama....yes we've fallen a lot...I highly doubt someone just threw that pick out there thinking there was no chance...

It's pretty sad, true.

A big difference though that a guy can throw out a ridiculous pick like that and he'll just keep his job.

I think for every stupid pick the anal-ysts make and don't get right (Lou Holtz picking ND every week for 10 years) they should get 5 lashings or donate 150$ to charity.

I agree it seems simple...........contain the outside and expect help from your buddies on the inside.

Bo's scheme surely must involve trying to disguise some things...........??

Pretty strange disguise leaving the outside wide open.

Hey..........I'm trying to throw Bo a bone here.............. :)

I kind of got the impression Bo started making the calls after the first quarter. There was an exchange at that time too, almost like no telling him to go stand in the corner a look at his clip board as if he was doing something. Seemed like Bo was calling plays after that, from the camera shots I saw. Maybe he told him after that it was time to get his head out of his ass and start being a d coordinator or look for a new job. Just my guess, not basing it on any real evidence.

I kind of got the impression Bo started making the calls after the first quarter. There was an exchange at that time too, almost like no telling him to go stand in the corner a look at his clip board as if he was doing something. Seemed like Bo was calling plays after that, from the camera shots I saw. Maybe he told him after that it was time to get his head out of his ass and start being a d coordinator or look for a new job. Just my guess, not basing it on any real evidence.

Bo always makes the defensive calls. Pap signals them in.

• Fire 1

I agree it seems simple...........contain the outside and expect help from your buddies on the inside.

Bo's scheme surely must involve trying to disguise some things...........??

Pretty strange disguise leaving the outside wide open.

Hey..........I'm trying to throw Bo a bone here.............. :)

I just wish Bo's defences deserved to throw the bones.

• Fire 1

Which is why it should be physically impossible for Bo to throw Pap under the bus for our defensive meltdown.

Ok, so if this is the case, how does pap get any blame for the defensive suckiness? If makes no sense that he is getting any blame whatsoever if all he is doing is signaling in the plays. If he has nothing to do with it, why do they even have a defensive coordinator? Why not just have a ga send in plays? Yet people are acting like he is the biggest problem,

Edited by zoogies
trimmed quote
  • Fire 1

Come on guys give me a break, either way it is not Paps fault. He was hired by Bo, that decided he was qualified, after 5 years if he does not know who is qualified, or how they do their job what the hell is he doing here.

You either buy that Pap is the DC and calls the plays, very poor hire and continues to downward spiral or you realize that Bo is calling the plays and has no clue of how to fix it. It is pretty simple if you look at the big picture. Never hire friends or family, it never works.