Forde-Yard Dash

np_husker

Pat Forde has some interesting things to say about NU in his Forde-Yard Dash column.

I personally think our issues are far more coaching related than recruiting. If we had someone like Nike Saban (not a fan, just using him as an example), coaching the same players we have right now, I think we would be a far better team.

Forde's column:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--forde-yard-dash--breaking-down-college-football-s-top-programs-and-where-they-get-their-talent-044110856.html

Well if that article is spot on, we may as well fold up tent unless we fire Bo and bring in Chip Kelly or Saben or Urban or alike and transplant some palm trees around the stadium. Funny how the little digs are in there about steroids in the past.

IMO, this article although may have some relevance is a POS. either that or I am just too much of a husker homer and I let it get to me. eyeswear2allthatsholy f'ing fair-weather journalist. LOL

Nebraska has always wrung every bit of ability out of its players. Forde is correct to an extent, but NU has always defied the odds. The one thing IMO that has really hurt NU is the rise of Missouri and KSU as programs. NU used to pick 4-5 great players every year out of Missouri and Kansas. Now it is a lot more hit or miss. NU also doesn't pick up as many Colorado kids as it used to. NU used to be able to pick up around 10-12 kids from their boarder states every year.

Steroids, eh? Thanks for the little kick in the nuts there Forde, you doosh.

he might be a doosh but he's right on with what he said. although i think that stuff was going on pretty much everywhere back then.

Apparently they just had crappier steroids in Missouri in the 1980s when Forde went there. He's never gotten over the pain of watching his Tigers get beat by Nebraska year in and year out. Every article mentioning the Huskers reeks of angst.

• Fire 2

he might be a doosh but he's right on with what he said. although i think that stuff was going on pretty much everywhere back then.

Apparently they just had crappier steroids in Missouri in the 1980s when Forde went there. He's never gotten over the pain of watching his Tigers get beat by Nebraska year in and year out. Every article mentioning the Huskers reeks of angst.

even the best juice wouldn't have been enough to save that mess

Ah the dreaded Missouri journalism grad. :ahhhhhhhh I don't usually mind Forde, but it really isn't that much harder for NU to recruit than it ever has been. Because Its always been hard to recruit at Nebraska. If we win than kids are interested in Nebraska it is simple as that.