Well wishes for Martinez

Junior

A

i wish tmart well but the worst thing that can happen to our offensive is him coming back. we would have to change the offense again in the middle of the season. it's hard enough to change it once.

TA has been protected by the semi-conservative play calling these past two weeks. We can't open up the playbook as much with him as we can TMart.

While you were spot on when talking about some Xs and Os problems with the defense when the offense goes into spread with 10 personeel, I cant agree with you here on the offense.

We cant run speed option with TM- well I guess we could if we wanted to lose yardage or the ball- we can with TA

We run the Power Read, Sweep Read and Jet Read MUCH better with TA than TM- TM isnt a threat to run on any of those plays, so we lose at least a 1 player number advantage on the play

The complimentary plays- the called keeps- we really cant run with a turf toe injured QB who isnt 100%

While we havent made throws to all parts of the field yet, nothing in TAs throwing mechanics lead me to believe he cant make those throws

He made a real nice read on a double post play, not throwing an INT to a robber safety sitting on his first read, hitting the outside post player in single coverage in stride.

Our offense is designed for a QB who can make plays with his feet- even our bread and butter run plays minus the base zone and toss play.

I just don't want to endure the growing pains of a redshirt freshman again. Truly think he's earned more snaps the next few weeks, but I want our senior QB taking snaps in The Big House.

There's no substitute for experience, but if TA sat the rest of the year, I'd be OK with that. He's earned tons of experience the last two weeks and can use that to build on heading into next year. That is, of course, assuming TM comes back and takes the starting job which I think will happen if the injury clears up.

I see nothing but upside in the current QB situation.

Taylor will come back and he will start. He'll have the green light to run again, and have the chance to go out as the dual threat QB that got him here. He's been watching Armstrong and knows he has to up his game. He should have the chance to remind doubters he has a pretty good game himself. If not....

The coaches won't have to make such difficult decisions. They have the green light to put in Armstrong or Kellogg if Martinez isn't looking 100% --- or even if they just want a different look. There is pride and face-saving in college football, and everyone is in a better position right now. The coaches might even stick with the trimmed down playbook as long as it's working.

If Taylor doesn't fully recover or reinjures himself, we begin the Tommy Armstrong era a year early. And that might not be so bad, either.

• Fire 2
You just can't take a hint, can you?

Sorry, but some of us don't do the hearts and flowers thing very well. Also, some of us don't take instructions on what to say or what to think on a public forum, hence my semi-serious suggestion to buy a stamp and send a card if you can't live with cross chatter and thread drift.

People come to a public forum to say what they want to say, not to read from your script. Just skip over the posts and threads that are of no interest to you and I'll do the same. We should be good to go from here, and I'll leave the thread and you can get back to your man crush thing.

Funny, of all schools we have the second most TEs in the NFL, more than Nebraska but that's not fair considering we have a larger Pro population to begin with. How does that feel? Wisconsin has more Pro Players than Nebraska.

And don't be bitter about Wilson, I imagine it must suck developing a QB like Taylor for so long only to have him fall through. Really says something about a season to have so much controversy between a Senior and a Freshman in October. My my, to what depths the red have fallen....

Cheese-aggy's inferiority complex is strong.

Funny, of all schools we have the second most TEs in the NFL, more than Nebraska but that's not fair considering we have a larger Pro population to begin with. How does that feel? Wisconsin has more Pro Players than Nebraska.

And don't be bitter about Wilson, I imagine it must suck developing a QB like Taylor for so long only to have him fall through. Really says something about a season to have so much controversy between a Senior and a Freshman in October. My my, to what depths the red have fallen....

It must suck to not have a quarterback who knows how to properly kill the clock.

It must suck to not have a quarterback who knows how to properly kill the clock.

And a fan base that cries about the refs injustice when prior to the play, there was plenty of time to send the Field Goal unit onto the field and kick it from the same distance. As if they don't take into consideration their QB never put his knee down. Their QB laid the football on the grass instead. That's technically a fumble. They blew it.

The guy was under the microscope since play # 1 - his long run for a TD. From then on it was National Title expectations. He has improved each year, has his shortcomings as all players do but has battled through. He proved his metal with the pull from behind games last year.

I still rank him about # 6 on my Husker QB list

Tommie - we know why

Jeff T - 2 national championships

Turner G - conf champs - one tipped pass, one 5 yards out of bounds bad call away from two NC

Scott F - Nat'l champs, conf champ

Eric C - conf champs - got us to the NCG

TM - no hardware yet but a lot of QB records

One could argue that if TM has a better supporting cast on D - he'd have the hardware - maybe 2 Conf Champs.