Abdullah to the NFL?

I agree he has NFL talent, but his history of fumbling will hurt his value, imo. It's hard enough for any RB these days to be a high draft pick, unless he totally eliminates the fumbles altogether (he certainly looked great today), I would find it hard to imagine that his draft stock would justify skipping his senior year of college.

Cross needs more carries

That's true. We didn't have as many fumbles as we usually have

I was just being sarcastic. Cross is a good RB, but he is a backup. Which means he should only get carries when AA needs a blow. Or in short yard situation when we need a first down or TD.

And Cross had two fumbles today.

Cross needs more carries

That's true.  We didn't have as many fumbles as we usually have

I was just being sarcastic.  Cross is a good RB, but he is a backup.  Which means he should only get carries when AA needs a blow.  Or in short yard situation when we need a first down or TD.

And Cross had two fumbles today.

I was being sarcastic also, but the play of Cross kept Cross off the field today. Just a bad day for him

I wouldn't be surprised if Ameer leaves early. With a good combine, he could be a 2nd-4th round pick, which is about what he would be if he came back for his senior season.

I really like Ameer as a college back and truly appreciate him as a Husker --- but 2nd-4th round is awful, awful unlikely for Ameer. Getting drafted... maybe. But that high is wildly unlikely. The RB position is a tough one to compete in on draft day and while again Ameer is a fine, really fine college back... he lacks size and breakaway speed. And to go round 2-4 you can... essentially, be lacking in nothing.

He has been great as a Husker though.

Cross needs more carries

Are you serious?

No

Did you watch the game today? I was surprised they still had him in during the 4th. Newby should have had those carries.

Do any of you think Ameer might be too small for the NFL?

He would not be too small if he had blazing speed to compensate --- but he does not. His size/speed combination will make going to the next level difficult. That said, again great college back and glad he is here.

Cross needs more carries
Are you serious?
No
Did you watch the game today? I was surprised they still had him in during the 4th. Newby should have had those carries. Do any of you think Ameer might be too small for the NFL?
He would not be too small if he had blazing speed to compensate --- but he does not. His size/speed combination will make going to the next level difficult. That said, again great college back and glad he is here.

This. In the NFL he would be expected to run between the tackles alot more often and he just doesnt have the size to do that. He also doesnt have the speed to make it as a special teamer returning kicks and punts. Good college player so far, however you dont leave for the NFL unless you are great.

However, if he gets some serious interest it might be worth it. You can always come back for the education.