Our Division - who has the inside track now

TGHusker

We have the most advantageous path and it's not close.

As long as we don't somehow lose to Minnesota in 2 weeks...

If we win all our conference home games we win the division. No other team can say that.

Every contender in the division now has to beat at least one and in some cases two other contenders on the roadin order to get to Indy except us.

We have the most advantageous path and it's not close.

As long as we don't somehow lose to Minnesota in 2 weeks...

If we win all our conference home games we win the division. No other team can say that.

Every contender in the division now has to beat at least one and in some cases two other contenders on the roadin order to get to Indy except us.

Good observation - I didn't look at the road vs home games.

Northwestern who is now 0W-2L took the shaft this year. The remaining NW schedule, NW-NU, NW-MSU and NW-Michigan. No inside track IMO. However NW still messing up the puzzle.

Michigan vs. Spartans at East Lansing will be a HUGE game (Nov.2). No MSU vs. tOSU and PSU schedule. Thus, Spartans will be slight advantage for inside track especially November 2nd win.

Refresh schedule:

Huskers (2-0): byeweek, @ Minny, NW, @ Michigan, MSU, @ PSU, Iowa

Spartans (2-0): Purdue, @Illini, Michigan, byeweek, @Huskers, @NW, Minny

Wolverines (1-1): Indiana, byeweek, @MSU, Huskers, @NW, @Iowa, tOSU

Sparty may have found their offense. We will need continued defensive improvement every week before I count that game as a win, unless Martinez plays. With either RGIII or Armstrong, that will be a very tough game to win.

I'm still counting Michigan at Ann Arbor as a loss. Maybe we'll pull off another win like we did at East Lansing last year, but until we play well on the road in a big game that isn't against a team days removed from the worst scandal in college football history, I'll be skeptical that we can win. We can win at Ann Arbor, I just wouldn't bet any money on it.

We still have major questions on defense, we still are without the services of our all-everything quarterback. Unless that changes, I don't see us as a major threat to take the Legends.

We are in control of our own destiny. I think we are in the drivers seat for our division but there could be a two or three way tie easily and then it will be a matter of who lost to whom. We could run the table but my money is on dropping one if not two more. MSU doesn't bother me at all. NW, Mich, & PSU- I don't see us going unscathed, hope I'm wrong.

The good news for us is that our most important game is now at home rather than in Ann Arbor. And since we've been spotted a head start against Michigan and especially Northwestern now, we have to be slight favorites.

Sagarin predictor ranks the Legends division:

25. Nebraska

29. Michigan State

34. Michigan

43. Iowa

53. Northwestern

So, a dumpster fire, but a very winnable dumpster fire.

Question OP, why are you so sure tOSU will beat Michigan? I think most of these games can go either way. tOSU lacks defense, and honestly, EVERY team in the B1G is unpredictable. I think the only time tOSU wasn't unpredictable, was when Kenny Guiton was under center.

UM

Indiana- WIN

Michigan St- Possible loss- I would say UM has a 40% chance to win this game. LOSE

Nebraska- Possible loss- This is a straight tie right now. Which NU defense shows up? We create turnovers, and don't give up the ball, we nail this one. If we remain dominant, I give us the win, but until then- WIN

Northwestern- Possible loss- I give UM the edge on this, but NW has been neck and neck with almost everyone- WIN

Iowa- WIN

tOSU- With Guiton under center, UM's chance of winning is less, but with Braxton under center, this could go anyway, but I give the edge to tOSU. LOSE

2 more losses could come their way, at most 4. 3 or 4 conference losses for UM

MSU

Purdue- WIN

Illinois- WIN

Michigan- Above comment- WIN

Nebraska- I think we have the offense to win this game and the defense to stop their mediocre offense- LOSE

Northwestern- I think NW will be coming off a hard loss, and will rebound this game. LOSE

Minnesota- WIN

2 conference losses

Northwestern-

I think they are already out of the picture, or at least will be with their remaining schedule. I do hope they pull some upsets and help us out a lot.

I honestly hope we go undefeated in conference play, so we get there because we are the best in the Legends Division.