Our Division - who has the inside track now

TGHusker

Yeah the odds of us making a BCS Title game are about as good as my chances with Mila Kunis. But hell Id be happy with any BCS Rose Bowl.

Fixed it for you! haha!

Good call lol. So if Mila Kunis is the BCS title game who is the Rose Sugar Orange and Fiesta?

Angelina Jolie, Kate Upton, Sofia Vergara and Carrie Underwood! Put them in any order you would like.

• Fire 1

Can we please not talk about the NC? We havent won a conference title since 99' - that should be our focus. I know it was hypothetical in some sorts, but cmon people.

Right now the team to beat for sure is Mich St - they don't play Osu or Wiscy, like we don't. Mich and Nw for sure will have 3 losses at seasons end in the conference.

You know I really loved the last two Husker wins. On another thread I advised the Debbie Downers to let us enjoy a couple dominant wins against major conference foes.

But really, do we look in Ohio State's class at the moment to you?

Aren't those Wyoming and UCLA and even SDSU memories fresh enough that not a single game left on our schedule should seem like a gimme?

With a perfect storm, Nebraska could beat Ohio State, but it doesn't strain the imagination to see a team like Iowa exploiting the Nebraska defense either.

One week at a time. Defense gels a little more every week.

I feel pretty good.

But I felt pretty good going into the Big 10 Championship game last year, too.

Forget the CC, BCS or NC. We still have to prove we're a Top 25 team.

Tom Dienhart@BTNTomDienhart 2m

Good read from @BTNBrentYarina: Is it too early to ask who’s Legends Division favorite? « Big Ten Network http://btn.com/2013/10/15/whos-the-legends-division-favorite-now/?cmp=user+shared+twitter …

A good article and things are really going to start getting interesting here in the next few weeks and beyond not only with us but the rest of the division. Personally besides Minnesota I see the rest of our games as winnable but at the same time I think they're all going to be tough. Even Penn State which I think is a better team than most people give them credit for. Northwestern is going to give us a ballgame too and Michigan State is the mystery team for me.

We should be in control. It jus depends how the division shakes out.

NW gets Michigan at home so its a tossup give it to NW for revenge

MSU should be able to slow down Michigan just enough

NW will likely outscore MSU

Iowa......not really a factor unless they beat one of the above mentioned

Minnesota lost Jerry Kill and that hurts their chances of anything

Meanwhile we can outlast NW, outscore MSU, and handle Iowa and Minnie. Going to Michigan and PSU is just so unknown at this point. Neither team should give us much trouble but one of them has to be a loss.

Either way we can handily go 7-1 MAYBE 8-0. Its ours for the taking really. Question is how badly does the youth on our team want it.

Remember when right after the UCLA game everyone was freaking out and saying we were gonna lose 5 games?

Just. Like. Every. Year.

And instead of losing 5 games, we only lose four?

Which then qualifies as....success?

Four losses, true. But that 4th loss came against the #6 team in the nation. Georgia damn near beat MNC Bama in the SEC conf championship game. Probably would have too, except for piss poor clock management in the last 20 seconds.

Remember when right after the UCLA game everyone was freaking out and saying we were gonna lose 5 games?

Just. Like. Every. Year.

And instead of losing 5 games, we only lose four?

Which then qualifies as....success?

Four losses, true. But that 4th loss came against the #6 team in the nation. Georgia damn near beat MNC Bama in the SEC conf championship game. Probably would have too, except for piss poor clock management in the last 20 seconds.

Except those predictions are usually talking about a 7-5 regular season, not going 10-4 and playing in the conference championship game.

Can we please not talk about the NC? We havent won a conference title since 99' - that should be our focus. I know it was hypothetical in some sorts, but cmon people.

Right now the team to beat for sure is Mich St - they don't play Osu or Wiscy, like we don't. Mich and Nw for sure will have 3 losses at seasons end in the conference.

Can we please not talk about Michigan St?!?! We have to beat Minnesota one game at a time!

(actually by my math if Bama wins the other top SEC teams have to have at least two losses, 12-1 NU to the BCS title game baby!)

Can we please not talk about Michigan St?!?! We have to beat Minnesota one game at a time!

(actually by my math if Bama wins the other top SEC teams have to have at least two losses, 12-1 NU to the BCS title game baby!)

Your math is wrong. A&M could still end the season with one loss.

At this point, overall, I'm cautiously optimistic. I think we could very well win out, at least up to the B1G championship. It's certainly doable, and possibly even more likely than not.

Minnesota, while not a complete pushover, isn't at Nebraska's level as of yet. As long as we don't sleepwalk through it, we win easily.

Northwestern just can't figure out the run, which is our weapon of choice. I think it'll be a good game, but this won't be 2011, we're not going to sleep on them, and we'll give them a great effort, which gives us the W.

Michigan is a question mark. What is this team? Are they the team we saw beat Notre Dame, or the team that nearly lost to Akron? I lean towards the latter, as that seems to be the trend. This will be the toughest game, but I feel that if we handle ourselves well, we can beat these guys and deliver Mr. Hoke his first home loss.

Michigan State's defense is excellent, that is certain. But contrary to many, I don't see their offense as being much better than it was. The defenses it trounced weren't worldbeaters. Our defense isn't yet either, but I'd posit that the Blackshirts are better than Indiana or Iowa's defense. Especially considering it's at home. I see a win similar to 2011's.

Penn State is also a strange team, and it's a road game. This will be the second toughest game I feel. Still, I think the lack of depth for Penn State will be crushing late in the season, and we'll win in a close fight.

Iowa...well...it's Iowa.

11-1, top 15. I can see it.

Of course, I can see the flip side. While I feel we can certainly handle Minnesota and Iowa, the other 4 could certainly deliver us losses, which would take us to the nightmare 7-5 scenario. But I feel it is more likely that we go 11-1 than 7-5.

Most likely scenario? Reasonably, I'd say 10-2, but I think we have an excellent chance of finally getting over that damn 4 game loss barrier and we go 11-1 in the regular season.

• Fire 2