Bye Week Observations

I am going to be livid in Roby is not ejected....he launched into the Iowa receiver.

When you plant your feet, launch yourself and make no attempt to wrap up while making contact with the crown of your helmet to the receivers chin, you are going to get thrown out.

The hits I have seen today are obvious, SLB, IMO (biased) was not. Maybe a penalty (barley), but not ejection worthy.

Here's what I'm seeing that I think might be something to spread:

It is no longer safe to try and "separate man from ball" which requires a BIG hit.

Basically either try and rake the ball out with your hands or wait until he catches it and tackle him at the waist/chest/legs.

THEY ARE ELIMINATING THE BIG HIT. REPEAT-----they are eliminating the big hit. Don't blow someone up, period.

I don't like the rule, but it's a rule.

Big 12 is down this year like the Big 10, Baylor may or may not be legit and Texas Tech hasn't played a ranked team yet. Related topic to the targeting penalties.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9847962/ban-mlb-plate-collisions-likely-team-officials-say

BOSTON -- In the aftermath of two home plate collisions in the American League Championship Series on Thursday, officials from other teams reiterated that they expect the topic of banning that play to be raised again in meetings this winter.

Given how quickly sentiment within the sport about collisions is shifting -- particularly as information about concussions has come to light, including the cost of concussion-related lawsuits faced by the National Football League -- some officials talk of change as inevitable and predict that it could come swiftly.

Two things in this Iowa/Ohio State game:

First: How was that "running into the kicker" on the Iowa punt to end the first half? How can you have more than full body contact with the kicker? Was the defender pushed into the kicker and I missed it? If that's not roughing the kicker, I don't know what is. Full contact with the kicker's leg in the air (the "vulnerable position" they're supposed to be protecting the kicker for), and knocked the kicker to the ground. But it was a five-yard penalty only.

Second: On that Carlos Hyde TD, how was that not reviewed? That was by no means an obvious TD. He may have broken the plane but if so, it was by one hair's breadth. I'm not saying that wasn't a TD, but to let them kick the extra point without stopping for a review is crazy.

Two things in this Iowa/Ohio State game:

First: How was that "running into the kicker" on the Iowa punt to end the first half? How can you have more than full body contact with the kicker? Was the defender pushed into the kicker and I missed it? If that's not roughing the kicker, I don't know what is. Full contact with the kicker's leg in the air (the "vulnerable position" they're supposed to be protecting the kicker for), and knocked the kicker to the ground. But it was a five-yard penalty only.

Second: On that Carlos Hyde TD, how was that not reviewed? That was by no means an obvious TD. He may have broken the plane but if so, it was by one hair's breadth. I'm not saying that wasn't a TD, but to let them kick the extra point without stopping for a review is crazy.

Ohio State is the Big 10's bellcow, that's how.

The SEC is overrated as hell, but their teams will stay in the top 25 with multiple losses, such a freaking joke.

Florida will drop to 25.  South Carolina to 15.  Missouri moves into top 10. Georgia to 20.  Vanderbilt and Tennessee move into top 25.  Just finding ways to get all those teams ranked...

P.S. like the Bray Wyatt avatar

Despite a very weak showing by their conference this year, they put a record number of teams in the AP Top 25 this week. A testament to their teams being ranked no matter how they do. Cellar dweller beat a team? Rank 'em. It's a joke. As someone said the other day, Missouri and A&M's rise to prominence tells just how overblown that whole conference is.

The only question is how do we keep Auburn in if they lose to A&M.  We could drop Florida to 24 and drop Auburn to 25...

Yep, no way UGA or UF fall out.  Even though MIzzou moved up like 10 spots, no way the SEC drops 2 teams out.

Add South Carolina to that list that should fall.

<p>I favor NU to win the division, and possibly the BIG, but two things concern me:</p>

<ol>

<li>Jacob Long - he was by far our best OL, and our depth has been hurt</li>

<li>QB - who knows when TM will be back, and when he does return, how fast will he be able to run? Instead of quickly improving, TA has looked worse each week. RK may be the man by the CCG.</li>

</ol>