Would you rather beat Brady Hoke or Urban Meyer?

clyde40

Hand Brady Hoke his first loss in the Big House, or deliver Urban Meyer his first loss as coach of the Buckeyes? Since this is hypothetical anyway let's say we wouldn't play OSU in the B1G Championship game so you can't vote Urban Meyer just because we would go to the Rose Bowl.

Ready Go!

Edited by knapplc
thread title edited for clarity

I feel like there is a lot of angst on this board against Urban. I think the guy is a great coach and he has done a good job there at Ohio State. At the same time, however, I feel like his reputation has proceeded him and will haunt him again soon. Just look at his coaching record....

Bowling Green... got the Falcons going, then cut and ran at the first sign of advancement

Utah... got the Utes going, then cut and ran at the first sign of advancement

Florida... Won the national title, then split as soon as Tebow was out of the picture.

Ohio State... inherited a good situation from JT. I am sure he will cut and run in the next four to five years.

Ohio State... inherited a good situation from JT. I am sure he will cut and run in the next four to five years.

Really? A good situation? NCAA violations, bowl ban, loss of scholarships...There were weak spots in the LB core and no play makers, sans Miller, on offense at the time. I would say that Urban has brought out the best in some of those kids after watching them a few seasons ago. Right now they have many freshman and sophomores with getting a lot of playing time and that isn't from JT. He may cut and run in four or five years but you would have to wonder where that would be since OSU will pay him almost anything he wants. As for the Iowa game, I put that on the defensive staff for not making adjustments before half.

To answer the question, I think beating both would be equally satisfying just because of the schools they represent. You don't come to the B1G to play Indiana and Purdue.