The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

I haven't read the entire thread and I know it's another "who knows" hire, but what's the feeling about Pat Narduzzi? The Michigan State defensive coordinator................is he the genius behind their stellar defenses or is that on D'Antonio?

Best suggestion I've heard so far...

I know he's only a "coordinator", but a hell of a lot more realistic than the standard and overheard "Fitzgerald" or "Petersen" responses...

I live in Michigan, and all the local sports writers say D'Antonio runs the D. I have no idea if it is true.

If read another Nick Saban comment I'll puke. Jeebus guys. Be reasonable. This place would be too much a threat to his legacy. Not to mention, we bitch about Bo's demeanor, we would fry Saban his first loss. We as a fanbase cant handle Nick Saban. Plain and simple. Move on.

It would either be a proven coordinator at a major school like Bo was, or the next Tressel/Meyer/Saban/Kelly-hopeful up-and-comer from a non-bcs program. I'd prefer this one. Someone's who's already made their hey, made their mistakes as a HEAD COACH. Enough with the learning-on-the-job experiments. It doesnt work that way on pride and such anymore. Show the money, get who we need. But it has to be reasonable.

Time to puke. Seriously though, what makes you think he wouldn't leave? He left MSU, and left LSU after winning a MNC. As far as nice places to live, Lincoln is an improvement over Tuscaloosa. I think he think about a fat raise.

This can't be a serious post, I mean literally what the f#*k?

I hope its not, but sadly, I think hes dead serious...

Very serious. My questions haven't been answered. Saban has proven he is willing to leave when things are going well for him. If the boosters are sick and tired of mediocrity, there is a chance they will pay large sums of money. At this point it is too early to rule anything out. What do I think the chances of Saban coming to NU are? Less than 1 in 1000, but the chances are zero if we rule it out. NU is a great program, it is ridiculous to think we are not good enough for someone like Saban. NU football is an all-time great program, and we should act like it when looking for a coach.

If read another Nick Saban comment I'll puke. Jeebus guys. Be reasonable. This place would be too much a threat to his legacy. Not to mention, we bitch about Bo's demeanor, we would fry Saban his first loss. We as a fanbase cant handle Nick Saban. Plain and simple. Move on.

It would either be a proven coordinator at a major school like Bo was, or the next Tressel/Meyer/Saban/Kelly-hopeful up-and-comer from a non-bcs program. I'd prefer this one. Someone's who's already made their hey, made their mistakes as a HEAD COACH. Enough with the learning-on-the-job experiments. It doesnt work that way on pride and such anymore. Show the money, get who we need. But it has to be reasonable.

Time to puke. Seriously though, what makes you think he wouldn't leave? He left MSU, and left LSU after winning a MNC. As far as nice places to live, Lincoln is an improvement over Tuscaloosa. I think he think about a fat raise.

Very serious. My questions haven't been answered. Saban has proven he is willing to leave when things are going well for him. If the boosters are sick and tired of mediocrity, there is a chance they will pay large sums of money. At this point it is too early to rule anything out. What do I think the chances of Saban coming to NU are? Less than 1 in 1000, but the chances are zero if we rule it out. NU is a great program, it is ridiculous to think we are not good enough for someone like Saban. NU football is an all-time great program, and we should act like it when looking for a coach.

It's about as close to 0% as you're gonna get. And frankly we'd be paying a lot of money just for the name.

I haven't read the entire thread and I know it's another "who knows" hire, but what's the feeling about Pat Narduzzi? The Michigan State defensive coordinator................is he the genius behind their stellar defenses or is that on D'Antonio?

I know he's only a "coordinator", but a hell of a lot more realistic than the standard and overheard "Fitzgerald" or "Petersen" responses...

I live in Michigan, and all the local sports writers say D'Antonio runs the D. I have no idea if it is true.

Pass on Narduzzi. Just wouldn't excite me.

Nick Saban is a freaking snake in the grass cheater and baby who will leave when he can't cheat to handpick his player$$$ and things don't come easy as cake.

Let me ask you something, HB. I apologize if this has already been asked.

People seem to think no major, elite coaches would be interested in coming to NU to coach our boys anymore. That would leave us with a less flashy, less sought after guy that might not on other teams shortlists.

Is taking a shot on one of those type of guys honestly worse than continuing to get embarassed on national TV and CONTINUE to hear "This is ______ first ever win..." or "This is the most ____ given up since..." while Bo continues to hopelessly figure things out?

^^^ Objective? Not at all. :D

• Fire 1

Thanks for the info, wouldn't surprise me, I just didn't know. :thumbs

And why? Because he doesn't have a "big name"? Just wondering?

Yeah, I am sure he is sick of all those championships, and wants the stress of starting over from scratch. Bama would give him a raise if he even thought about leaving anyway. Did you hear him laugh at the media asking about the Texas job?

Hes coaching in the most talent rich area in the country and the "ESPN proclaimed" best conference in the country. Hes getting older and has already stated he is retiring at Alabama. Do you realize that at Nebraska he'd have to work twice as hard recruiting as he does at Alabama? People have families dude. They want to spend time with those families and not be on the road anymore then they need to be. And I can assure you, he'd be on the road here more than he is at Alabama. A couple extra million is not worth losing time with the family. Hes already rich as sh#t. Hes not coming here...ever. So get it out of your mind.

And why? Because he doesn't have a "big name"? Just wondering?

The program at Michigan St has never really excited me and I've never really admired it. Don't see a reason to poach a coach from a staff that hasn't won anything of any substance when you look at it.

Hes coaching in the most talent rich area in the country and the "ESPN proclaimed" best conference in the country. Hes getting older and has already stated he is retiring at Alabama. Do you realize that at Nebraska he's have to work twice as hard recruiting as he does at Alabama? People have families dude. They want to spend time with those families and not be on the road anymore then they need to be. And I can assure you, he'd be on the road here more than he is at Alabama. A couple extra millions is not worth losing time with the family. Hes already rich as sh#t. Hes not coming here...ever. So get it out of your mind.

Sorry, I didn't realize you knew it all.

Hes coaching in the most talent rich area in the country and the "ESPN proclaimed" best conference in the country. Hes getting older and has already stated he is retiring at Alabama. Do you realize that at Nebraska he's have to work twice as hard recruiting as he does at Alabama? People have families dude. They want to spend time with those families and not be on the road anymore then they need to be. And I can assure you, he'd be on the road here more than he is at Alabama. A couple extra millions is not worth losing time with the family. Hes already rich as sh#t. Hes not coming here...ever. So get it out of your mind.

Sorry, I didn't realize you knew it all.

No, Im just not delusional

As pathetic as this may sound, at this point, I am willing to be pathetic. "Please Mr. Warren Buffett sir.... I am begging you to take just what would be a half a pocket of change for you, and put 10 million or 20 million into some kind of interest bearing account for the sole purpose to be given to UNL as a private donation to be strictly used on football coaches salaries to help us sway one of the top 3 head coaches (college) in the country if not THE top coach in the country for years to come! The fans deserve no less and I am sure if many in Husker Nation were capable of doing so, they would have done this already! I refuse to believe that Nebraska Football is headed to irrelevancy! The tradition built over the last 5 plus decades is just too impressive to allow to be thrown away as if it was an accomplishment to only be known about and appreciated by 3 or 4 more generations of fans! After watching ESPN yesterday after the game with Mark May and Lou Holtz in a mock court like setting in front of a mock judge, who said and I quote, "Let's face it, Nebraska football and it's HC job isn't what it once use to be....." It at first made me mad, but then it quickly turned to sadness! It will only be sad if we allow something as this guy has described to happen, when we could easily stop such a thing from happening!