Do we trot out Martinez again against NW?

I would've started RKIII today....I think he deserved it after the way he played the last game. It doesn't excuse the lousy play of the rest of the team against Minn. The worst that would happen is you take him out if he's not good.

I'm not sure if the staff is interested in building for the future with Armstrong at this time.

Of course we trot him out there.........haven't you heard "TM is the guy" LOL I don't blame the kid a bit.......he is what he is.....never a top flight QB prospect.....FAR from it.....but the golden egg was put in his lap for WHATEVER REASON and those people made him THE MAN..........and he isn't...........and that is pretty clear. I don't know what the issue is but when TM is in the game the team responds completely differently. The last few week with Taylor out.......the offense had this confidence and swagger (despite the opponents) and the whole team rallied together and the offense felt like a team. And today with Taylor in there, it was the same disjointed mess the first few games were when he was running the show. And after todays pressers I don't think TM likes the situation hes been put in.......he doesn't have that personality to embrace it.......so why force it on the kid? The other thing that bugs me to death is the media buying into this "TM has to come back or NE will be in big trouble without him"..........have they watched the same games I have watched?

TO vs BP........TF, one of the best QBs NE has ever seen went down with an injury.........Brook B stepped in and did a good job holding the team at a certain level. Then the bowl game comes and TF is TRULY healthy (unlike TM today)........and he starts the bowl game.......BUT BB still gets playing time and they rotate thoughout the game. Now TM is so far off the talent level from TF and yet BP insist on this NOT HEALTHY player to return at NOT 100 percent and plays him the entire game when 2 other players have shown they can get the job done. Just show the coaching intelligence level difference between TO and BP as if I have to point that out.

'Trot' out *insert best QB ever*...but if the o-line is a joke, and this supposedly great group of receivers can't catch...it really doesn't matter.
'Trot' out *insert best QB ever*...but if the o-line is a joke, and this supposedly great group of receivers can't catch...it really doesn't matter.

The line was good enough to get Ameer 160 yards and it looked like there were plenty of chances for a qb keeper. What didn't work was putting Martinez in the pocket to wait for a receiver to come open so he could bounce one off their head.

Martinez was a warrior today....he was more patient than I've ever seen him, but wouldn't you know it would be the game with the hobbled line and our worst pass protection of the season.

While I understand that we're concerned about Martinez starting...shouldn't we be more concerned about Thad Randle possibly starting going forward?

At least Martinez has weapons that can help compensate--Thad, bless his heart and bad knees, was getting bullied today and was very much to blame for many of our run containment issues (coaching gaffes aside).

No, I don't think Martinez should start, but there are other kids out there playing that really should have been on the sideline because of their injuries, and Thad comes to mind well before Martinez.

• Fire 1

He apparently has multiple broken toes and a badly injured shoulder. I'm guessing today's game likely set back his recovery time. I will be in shock if he starts next week.

Martinez is not a true Quarterback. He is a great athlete with average throwing ability. He can't play unless he is running at 100%

god help us if Venric Mark is healthy next week.

Whether it's Martinez, Armstrong, of Kellogg: if our O Line doesn't improve it won't matter. You can't give up that many sacks and QB hurries and expect the offense to thrive.

I hate doing this to a guy who has done so much for Nebraska in his career, I mean, he has willed this team to victory a great number of times. Last year was a great example of leadership, and that regular season was the most enjoyable regular season for me as a Husker fan since the 2001 season.

But I feel it's time. If his toes are broken, it would be wrong to play him. It's time to hand over the reins to the future.

He apparently has multiple broken toes and a badly injured shoulder. I'm guessing today's game likely set back his recovery time. I will be in shock if he starts next week.

Martinez is not a true Quarterback. He is a great athlete with average throwing ability. He can't play unless he is running at 100%

god help us if Venric Mark is healthy next week.

Whether it's Martinez, Armstrong, of Kellogg: if our O Line doesn't improve it won't matter. You can't give up that many sacks and QB hurries and expect the offense to thrive.

When the defense knows you have an injured quarterback that doesn't do well when blitzed they can send pressure all day long. Having a quarterback that's a real threat to beat you on a blitz changes the defensive play calling. I'm not saying our O-line has been great but there's a reason it looked better against Purdue, Illinois, and SDSU.

After listening to Taylor's presser and Bo's presser. I would not be surprised if Taylor plays against NW, though I feel some confidence that Tommy or Ron will actually play if things go south against NW. It sounded like Bo hesitated to put Tommy in, if Bo knows what is best, he won't hesitate if Taylor can't get the job done against NW.

Taylor sounded like he fully expected to start this week against NW.

Interviews this week should be more forthcoming as to who will start under center.