DT JUCO Terrell Clinkscales [Kansas State Commit]

But, but I thought this coaching staff sucks at recruiting.

Perhaps.

Eh, they got him to commit. That they couldn't get him to stay could really be due to something entirely different than what our coaching staff did.

Recruiting really only matters on who actually ends up on campus. And the last 10 days have not been good, and only have worked to reinforce negative opinions of this staff's recruiting abilities.

Wow his twitter page is blowing up with Husker supporters looking insane for the most part. There are some good guys, and gals, offering best wishes but most of the messages to him are pretty harsh. Passionate is one thing but it looks more to be insanity than passionate. Everyone has to do what is best for them... at least what they think is in their best interest.

My hunch is that it wasn't just about "the love" from coaches, UNL, etc. No doubt that there was an academic angle to this. Probably upset him that we were continuing to go after defensive linemen as well. I must admit that I bought is lip service with the whole "Suh is my idol" sort of talking. Really thought he could be a big force for the team in the fall. Hope the guy is happy with his decision but realizes that he isn't going to a team with a lot of upside (from my perspective). Who knows, maybe the guy will become an All-American even though I think he is definitely taking steps down in talent as the Big 12 is a pass-first conference and he's built to be a clogger.

Oh well, next man up.

Maybe this should be locked and then see if he makes it to K-State. And then we can "blame the coaches"

Okay, regardless of that, the bigger issue than Clinkscales is that the recruiting class is mediocre at best.

this. 100%. clinkscales de-committing is just the manifestation of that.

Maybe this should be locked and then see if he makes it to K-State. And then we can "blame the coaches"

Okay, regardless of that, the bigger issue than Clinkscales is that the recruiting class is mediocre at best.

Won't argue that. But if he stayed on and then didn't qualify, we are in the same situation except there would be no time to possibly offer someone else

But, but I thought this coaching staff sucks at recruiting.

Perhaps.

Eh, they got him to commit. That they couldn't get him to stay could really be due to something entirely different than what our coaching staff did.

Recruiting really only matters on who actually ends up on campus. And the last 10 days have not been good, and only have worked to reinforce negative opinions of this staff's recruiting abilities.

Which is unfortunate, because our recruiting classes have been as schizophrenic as our performances on the field.

What's the difference as far as NU is concerned? He's not coming here and was one of the few potential difference makers in the class.

With Harrison having a strong likelihood of going MLB, this is looking like a historically weak class.