Imani Cross should start this week

Got your attention. But hear me out. We expect this weeks game against MSU to be a defensive battle. We have a young quarterback. They are going to stack the box and dare us to pass. I suggest we not take the bait. Start Imani, ground and pound it the whole first half. Dive A gap, B gap, C, gap, D gap, and repeat. The whole first half, mix in maybe 10 play action. Hit em hard get up and do it again. It may not result in many points. Go into the locker room with at 10-7 game, or even down 14-3.

But here's the kicker, 2nd half cut a fresh Ameer loose on the beat up D. Watch him carve them up. I think it's a strategy that could work, but we'd have to commit heavily.

PS. Yeah, I know it'd mean benching our nation leading running back for a half, but to bring him in fresh in the 2nd half, i think it'd pay off in dividends.

Thoughts?

I don't know, Imani hasn't shown me a lot this season for me to get behind starting him the 1st half and trying to run their D into the ground. I agree with keeping them on the field and trying to wear them down with the run, TOP is gonna be key here. I also agree it'll be a low scoring game, my concern with Imani is he's been fumble prone this season and doesn't seem to be with it this year. Anyone else noticing this?

Starter at running back is about as irrelevant as starters on defense and WR. They rotate so often every few plays and situationally that it really doesnt matter. One thing I would like to see is use the tendancies we've generated over the first 9 games with certain personel groupings against them. I really dont think we do that enough. Like when Cross is in the game, theyre thinking we're just gonna slam him straight ahead, and what do you know? We do. We play right into the defense's anticipation way too many times. We need to start using that against them.

I agree with EZ, we HAVE to keep them honest in the passing game area. If they think all we're gonna do is run, they'll stack the box on us and we're screwed. I know they have some pretty decent corners, but we have two VERY good receivers in Bell and Enunwa. I think two NFL wide receivers going up against two NFL CB's is gonna be interesting to watch.

• Fire 1
Stretch them sideline to sideline with the option and mix in a couple of shots deep down the field and make them account for KB and QE. Then you can pound it with Ameer.
I agree with EZ, we HAVE to keep them honest in the passing game area. If they think all we're gonna do is run, they'll stack the box on us and we're screwed. I know they have some pretty decent corners, but we have two VERY good receivers in Bell and Enunwa.

These two have the idea.

Plus, I am not for limiting our best players touches in a big game.

I have a better idea. Let's bench the entire starting defense and play our 2nd and 3rd stringers. Then, we'll go into halftime with maybe a 20-80 point deficit. Then, we'll unleash our well-rested, albeit bored, first stringers at MSU and they won't know what to think! We'll lose the game, but oh, in glorious fashion that will be remembered for all time!

:sarcasm

• Fire 1

Not if he's going to continue to tippy-toe around. He hasn't run very hard since the first 2 games of the season.

I absolutely hate when AA comes off the field especially when we are in the red zone. I've noticed this happening a lot in last few games and every time we don't seem to score touchdowns. When AA is in we our percentage of scoring TDs in the red zone goes up. I don't have stats, but just a mental note I've been taking for a few weeks now.