Stewart Mandel: Prepare for a Blowout

Ric Flair

Mandel's Record Last Week: 8-6. MSU is favored for a reason, but this prediction is a little comical to me.

Opponents record (took out the non d1 teams)

Mich St 30-44 Nebraska 33-38

They lost to a 7-3 ND and we lost to UCLA 7-2 and 8-2 Minnesota. They beat Michigan better than we did, but didn't crush 6-4 Iowa (12 points). Neither of us have really beaten anyone yet. Our team is beat up, but in no way do I see us getting blown out.

Would a 34-7 final shock any of you? Certainly wouldn't shock me. Michigan State is only 2 points worse than UCLA Sagarin and we know how that game turned out. Our defense is inconsistent and our offense has roughly 7,000 injuries. We could certainly win, and we might certainly get blown out.

If you said Nebraska wins 21-17, I'd say seems reasonable. If you said Michigan State wins 21-17, I'd say seems reasonable. If you said Michigan State wins 48-7, I'd say seems possible.

About the only thing I don't see happening is us scoring 40 points. But other than that, I don't have any idea how this game will turn out.

No denying that our D has coast us games and showed the inability to stop the run. There is also no denying our D, for whatever reason has been light years better the past 2 games. This ain't the starting season Blackshirts. It will be a close game. If we get blown out that bad, by the anemic O that is MSU, with a drop back QB, the whole staff needs to go......... No way we get blown out.

I think their D will prove to be a huge obstacle to overcome considering we are missing 3 possibly 4 starters on the OL. I think our D will pose just as many problems for their O. It could very well come down to a) special teams b) big play for a score ) defensive TD.

You sre this isn't Howie Mandel with another feeble attempt at lame humor? I can remember in the late 60ies when SI predicted that UCLA would run away from Drake and N. Carolina would beat Purdue. Neither prediction came true. UCLA did win by by 3, two after time had run out and Purdue flat out beat UNC. The SI hacks just try to sell their rag. T_O_B

Mandel is an idiot. His brother could do a much better job predicting the outcome of a football game than he could. What's crazier is the fact that Howie Mandel watches less college football than Stewart.

I didn't know they were brothers. That's awesome.

And their mom is Barbara Mandel of the famous country and western group the Mandel Sisters.

I think Nebraska might win this one. Heard they're flying in Christian Peter for the pregame speech and halftime wake up.

Please tell me you are serious.

So NU is going for the scared straight approach?

Would you lose a game after his pep talk? Id rather enter witness protection.

I don't expect us to blow them out, but a good, brawling 3 - 5 point win in the upper teens to lower 20s is what I see.

Now, I'd love to see us just steam roll MSU and only partially to shut up Mandrell....wasn't he part of the singing Mandrell sisters years back?

Start to restore the order. Beat MSU. Start a 13 or 17 year domination. Make them our Okie State from years ago.

Somebody shake me and wake me up after tomorrow.... :-)