Pelini had to call players meeting to address rumors

Ratt Mhule

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1579235

The rumor mill got so strong in the locker room that Pelini called a special team meeting on Thursday to address the players concerns before leaving for Penn State on Friday.

"(Pelini) said 'I never quit anything in my life' and that's all we needed to hear," senior offensive lineman Jeremiah Sirles said.

"Even myself going into that (team) meeting I was wondering about the (rumors)," redshirt freshman linebacker Michael Rose said. "(Pelini) went into that (meeting) and he acknowledged it and he addressed it and that was the end of it. You have to respect a man like that."

• Fire 8

Boom Dun.

Whoever believed crap is an idiot. Plain and simple. Common sense was enough such a thing wasnt true.

I mean, if he had to call the meeting, apparently A LOT of people/players believed it; they're ALL idiots?

Maybe not believed it, but they would have been wondering about it. At least they know now that it is false for sure and can move on without having to worry about.

What Pelini said is not true. He quit his job in the NFL, he quit the Oklahoma job, and he quit the LSU job.

Yeah if the man had any integrity, he'd still be a paperboy. Quitter.

Leaving a job for a better job is not being a Quitter, but but Bo quit several times to benefit himself. He could be tired of the constant threat of losing his job (we have no way of knowing, but maybe there are boosters pushing for Bo to go), and decided to take a nice position in the NFL. Or maybe Florida thinks 9 wins per season looks really good right now ;)

Boom Dun.

Whoever believed crap is an idiot. Plain and simple. Common sense was enough such a thing wasnt true.

I mean, if he had to call the meeting, apparently A LOT of people/players believed it; they're ALL idiots?

Yes. Anyone that believed Bo resigned because of a post on Facebook from a random dude claiming insider knowledge is an idiot.

• Fire 1

What Pelini said is not true. He quit his job in the NFL, he quit the Oklahoma job, and he quit the LSU job.

Yeah if the man had any integrity, he'd still be a paperboy. Quitter.

Leaving a job for a better job is not being a Quitter, but but Bo quit several times to benefit himself. He could be tired of the constant threat of losing his job (we have no way of knowing, but maybe there are boosters pushing for Bo to go), and decided to take a nice position in the NFL. Or maybe Florida thinks 9 wins per season looks really good right now ;)

Pelini would not mislead his players or recruits.