Pelini had to call players meeting to address rumors

Ratt Mhule

BO will do what is best for him and his family, just like any of us would do. To expect him to do any different it stupid. If he gets an offer that allows him to provide a better life for his family he will take it and he should. Our fan base has become disenchanted with him and his way of doing things. I am sure this bothers him, it would me.

With all that said, if there aren't some drastic changes made after this season, then maybe it is time from him to move on. I have said it several times during the year, this team is not playing up to their potential. That is a coaching issue. Yes, we beat NU, MU, PSU, and we should have beat MSU, with a depleted roster. However, was that roster depleted when we got our arses kicked by UCLA? That is the problem with this coaching staff.........

BO will do what is best for him and his family, just like any of us would do. To expect him to do any different it stupid. If he gets an offer that allows him to provide a better life for his family he will take it and he should. Our fan base has become disenchanted with him and his way of doing things. I am sure this bothers him, it would me.

With all that said, if there aren't some drastic changes made after this season, then maybe it is time from him to move on. I have said it several times during the year, this team is not playing up to their potential. That is a coaching issue. Yes, we beat NU, MU, PSU, and we should have beat MSU, with a depleted roster. However, was that roster depleted when we got our arses kicked by UCLA? That is the problem with this coaching staff.........

I think earlier in the year you had a young defense that was still figuring things out. The improvement this defense has made since the northwestern game has been significant and when you look at the talent there as well as the youth, it's exciting. The killer injuries meanwhile have piled up on the other side of the ball. Yes everyone fights injuries but really our o-line and QB situation is insane by any standard.

I think if we can get even reasonable QB play next year this team will be a serious threat to anyone.

I liked this part of the article the OP posted:

"It's not the type of way Husker fans are comfortable with winning, but that's who this team is. Embrace them for who they are and tip your hat to these players who continue to rise up when a vocal minority on the outside counts them and their head coach out.

RISE ABOVE THE NOISE!! GBR!!

• Fire 1

Now this squashes the rumor that Bo resigned, but in no way does this guarantee he will be retained as coach correct?

No True. But my insider says he'll be back, regardless what happens next Friday.

Mr. A standing by with his "I told you so" card...........

Although I find myself more in the corner of Bo should go, I think that win Saturday probably means he stays. I feel like it was a very close possibility though that he was good as gone. If we lose to Iowa, I don't know. He probably stays, you're right.

If he gets another year and we see these same things I don't see how people can be so forgiving. I listened to that audio tape tonight thanks to Mr. Iowa whatever his name was on another thread, and sorry I just can't forgive that. That combined with everything else for me just puts the ugliness over the top. I have a hard time respecting a guy that talks like that about our fan base. Nebraska is obviously full of very forgiving people. Good for them I guess.

Now this squashes the rumor that Bo resigned, but in no way does this guarantee he will be retained as coach correct?

No True. But my insider says he'll be back, regardless what happens next Friday.

Although I find myself more in the corner of Bo should go, I think that win Saturday probably means he stays. I feel like it was a very close possibility though that he was good as gone. If we lose to Iowa, I don't know. He probably stays, you're right.

If he gets another year and we see these same things I don't see how people can be so forgiving. I listened to that audio tape tonight thanks to Mr. Iowa whatever his name was on another thread, and sorry I just can't forgive that. That combined with everything else for me just puts the ugliness over the top. I have a hard time respecting a guy that talks like that about our fan base. Nebraska is obviously full of very forgiving people. Good for them I guess.

I understand why some folks cant forgive it, but I can. I can relate quite easily. He's a hot head. That's no secret. He let's his emtions take total control of his mind and mouth. I can relate cuz I'm the same way. I really am. I almost lost a job over it myself. Whether or not it's acceptable for him to act like that in his position, or whether or not it's feasible for us to employ a guy like that in that position is another topic of discussion. But in that moment, in what was understood as a pretty routine private moment, he vented and to a couple of people who he feels pretty confident in confiding then. Also, at that point in time, I believe that-and I've said this before-he really thought he was gonna get the Ohio St job, or at least an offer. But yeah, you bet he was flustered with the OWH and the fans. I was flustered with the fans too. And that was a very tumultuous week prior to that game in regards to some of the pure crap the OWH was putting out. It was going way beyond their normal bs.

Pelini's future is not based on winning a particular game. Pelini runs a great program off the field, and you just won't find many cases of ADs firing successful coaches. You just won't.

I understand why some folks cant forgive it, but I can. I can relate quite easily. He's a hot head. That's no secret. He let's his emtions take total control of his mind and mouth. I can relate cuz I'm the same way. I really am. I almost lost a job over it myself. Whether or not it's acceptable for him to act like that in his position, or whether or not it's feasible for us to employ a guy like that in that position is another topic of discussion. But in that moment, in what was understood as a pretty routine private moment, he vented and to a couple of people who he feels pretty confident in confiding then. Also, at that point in time, I believe that-and I've said this before-he really thought he was gonna get the Ohio St job, or at least an offer. But yeah, you bet he was flustered with the OWH and the fans. I was flustered with the fans too. And that was a very tumultuous week prior to that game in regards to some of the pure crap the OWH was putting out. It was going way beyond their normal bs.

I would bet any amount of money that the majority of coaches have spoken ill of their fans at one point or another. Whether it be with friends or family. We are just the only people to actually try and video record these private conversations in the hopes he will say something we can use against him.

It is silly to go on and on about Bo and his rant. We have all been there. A good percentage of the time, we vent about the boss or an annoying co-worker. I know that I have. And there are the those times where you complain about your neighbor, your relation, your in laws, your girlfriend, blah, blah, blah. If those conversations were ever heard by anyone, there would definitely be repercussions. Bo caught hell about it. And it should be over. It's not like his remarks revealed where he buries the bodies or something. So he was pissed at the fans. So he was pissed at the media. I get pissed at the fans sometimes and the media sometimes too. Join the club Bo.

• Fire 1

It is silly to go on and on about Bo and his rant. We have all been there. A good percentage of the time, we vent about the boss or an annoying co-worker. I know that I have. And there are the those times where you complain about your neighbor, your relation, your in laws, your girlfriend, blah, blah, blah. If those conversations were ever heard by anyone, there would definitely be repercussions. Bo caught hell about it. And it should be over. It's not like his remarks revealed where he buries the bodies or something. So he was pissed at the fans. So he was pissed at the media. I get pissed at the fans sometimes and the media sometimes too. Join the club Bo.

+1 agree

To me I think Bo is the perfect fit for this program. Some don't like him because he isn't a "sexy" coach. He doesn't have some great gimmick or a D that puts up numbers. Having a coach like that is great, but not always the answer to your problems. Michigan knew that RichRod would bring them to the promise land. He was the "sexy" coach that many here want, yet RichRod was a disaster in the worst possible way at Michigan.

When BC was here one of the biggest complaints was that the Husker team didn't play with the heart and effort that Nebraska football was known for. That BC has the audacity to turn his back on tradition.

Under Bo this team plays with more passion and heart than any team in the country. They have been presented with obstacle after obstacle this year and have still managed to have a really good season. Bo has embraced TO and embraces Nebraska's tradition. The only case in which he wasn't was Frazier and personally I think Frazier was wrong for saying what he did, at least publicly.

Take away injuries and this team could easily be 10-1 and ranked in the top 10.

Bo wears his heart on his sleeve. He doesn't pretend to be what he is not and that, to me, is a very good quality. He has improved leaps and bounds as a coach and I honestly feel that he has turned the corner this year.

This incident backs up everything we have known about Bo. An issue arose and instead of sweeping it away he went to the players and gave them an honest talk. It is the sign of a coach who cares deeply about his team, the program and the university.

• Fire 3

Pelini's future is not based on winning a particular game. Pelini runs a great program off the field, and you just won't find many cases of ADs firing successful coaches. You just won't.

But our success is measured by championships, right? That's what the vocal minority tells me success is...

...and Bo simply needs to upgrade a few position coaches and a coordinator, and we're golden in the B1G and beyond.

Boom Dun.

Whoever believed crap is an idiot. Plain and simple. Common sense was enough such a thing wasnt true.

I mean, if he had to call the meeting, apparently A LOT of people/players believed it; they're ALL idiots?

Yes. Anyone that believed Bo resigned because of a post on Facebook from a random dude claiming insider knowledge is an idiot.

"Even myself going into that (team) meeting I was wondering about the (rumors)," redshirt freshman linebacker Michael Rose said.

Mods! Help! MO_Husker_Fan just made a personal attack on a team player calling Michael Rose an idiot! Ban! Ban! :rulez