New ideas for Memorial Stadium game day experience

Comish

If commercials in game are standard kets break the mold. Nobody wants to hear what the official bank of Husker Nation is, Nobody gets super pumped to find out Quincy Enunwa has a crush on Catwoman. Lets make the experience more awe i spiring and less fun facts.

Agreed except that whoever is the official bank of Husker Nation paid for that and I doubt the athletic department is going to say no to money.

I agree. You can't get rid of the advertising if you want a self-sustained athletic department and 10 additional recruiter positions for football mentioned in another thread. I really don't think the advertising is all that bad. It's just noticeable because it's during the long TV timeouts when there is nothing else to do but pay attention to the advertising. When the games are intense the advertising is much less noticeable.

1. Give the Ohio St. band director whatever he wants to come here.

2. Rows of corn along the sidelines like the hedges at Georgia. We need more corn! (I'm not sure if I'm joking or not.)

Dear god I can actually picture us doing this against Iowa. Call it the Corn Bowl when the Hero novelty dissapears. Have the Corn King Mascot award the Corn Bowl trophy to the winner behind the Corn Rows. Popcorn will rain from above. I may vomit.

Most importantly, don't lose to the Iowas of the world.

Bo is the first coach to lose to both Iowa AND Iowa State in Lincoln! Suck that Callahan!

(I did no research to support this theory)

Bzzzzt. Sorry.

AJ Lewandoski did it in '43-'44.

Also, TO lost to ISU at home and lost to Iowa in Iowa City one year after beating them 57-0 in Lincoln for the biggest one year turnaround in a head to head matchup in Husker history. A record which he beat in '96 against ASU.

STAND UP AND SHOUTTTTT! Has to go. It sounds stupid and it is played 20 times every game.

I think this actually works really well towards it desired purpose if they time it right and use it sparingly. They used it one time during the basketball game last Saturday against NIU and it worked perfect, and used it really well against MSU once as well.

I would take the east stadium parking lot, where Vine & U St. wrap around, and create a tailgating mecca. The east side of the parking lot would have an outdoor stage. The entire length would be covered with a transparent roof similar to KC Power & Light. (image below). Most of the east side of the parking lot would be centered around the live music playing on the stage. The entire parking lot would be fenced and admission would run something like $10. There'd be vendors on the inside selling beer, etc.

The east half of the parking lot (farthest from stadium) would be dedicated to the tailgating. Down the outside lanes, forming a U, there would be brick "suite" areas, each around 8x16 with a private bathroom, so you can store everything you need for gameday. They'd be sold like suites/seats. Each has an outdoor flatscreen TV mounted outside. There would be a 3' fence that would surround a private patio, with seating for maybe 20. They could likely fit around 60-100 of these on the east side of the parking lot, and fit around 10,000 within the interior of this covered space on gameday.

Power-and-Light-District_030_PC.jpg

• Fire 1

To some extent corporate sponsors have ruined the in stadium game day experience, and certainly not just at Nebraska. Virtually any venue you go to nowadays has incessant commercials and a sponsor for every little thing under the sun. It throws a blanket of cheapness and gimmickry over the whole experience. But I'm afraid it is with us to stay. They get way too much money thrown at them to ever give it up.

For apparently being such well-informed fans, it sure is embarrassing to see the amount of people who only react when they blast "STAND UP AND SHOUT" over the loudspeakers. They don't seem to know to stand and shout on defensive 3rd downs (or, better yet, all defensive downs). But play "STAND UP AND SHOUT" in the middle of the halftime performance and they will gladly do so.

How about a friendly reminder from the PA announcer right before the defense takes the field for the first time? "The Blackshirts need your help today, Husker fans! Be sure to stand and shout when the opponent's offense takes the huddle!"

STAND UP AND SHOUTTTTT! Has to go. It sounds stupid and it is played 20 times every game.
I think this actually works really well towards it desired purpose if they time it right and use it sparingly. They used it one time during the basketball game last Saturday against NIU and it worked perfect, and used it really well against MSU once as well.

This.

The Twins used this as Joe Nathan's entrance song during his tenure up here and while it doesn't have the same effect as Enter Sandman for Mo Rivera, in the Metrodome, it was awesome.

Well timed, I agree this is a really effective pump up.

I think they should get a decibel meter and on part of it have the stadium record. This would give the fans something to shoot for and show how lame they are being when it is quiet.

This is not a bad Idea! At least the crowd then might interact a little more! Kind of like a thermometer seeing it getting higher and higher! :dunno Send that into SE billdozer15 as a suggestion, what the heck, couldn't hurt! Put it beside the Big Screen!

For apparently being such well-informed fans, it sure is embarrassing to see the amount of people who only react when they blast "STAND UP AND SHOUT" over the loudspeakers. They don't seem to know to stand and shout on defensive 3rd downs (or, better yet, all defensive downs). But play "STAND UP AND SHOUT" in the middle of the halftime performance and they will gladly do so.

How about a friendly reminder from the PA announcer right before the defense takes the field for the first time? "The Blackshirts need your help today, Husker fans! Be sure to stand and shout when the opponent's offense takes the huddle!"

Guess we shouldn't have any music or videos at all then, since their entire purpose is to act as a catalyst towards getting the fans to higher levels of excitement and energy.

Better tell the players to stop waving their arms around too - that's wasted energy that could be used on the plays. After all, we don't need them to tell us to get excited we are well-informed fans we should already know."