New ideas for Memorial Stadium game day experience

Comish

Landlord nailed it above. The friggin commercials suck everyone out of the game. Just pointless. "Yay 12 of the 18 people who are supposed to be in Row 34 won a diet pepsi!" No more nonsense. Im all for honoring the womens bowling team but maybe pregame instead of inbetween important downs.

I wouldnt give the WWE free reign over the whole shebang but they would ABSOLUTELY be beneficial towards creating a new tunnel walk. Incredible video crew and they are really good at making their own in house music. Also they know how to quickly churn out live highlights into video packages. 1st and 10 RG44 comes up with a sack. By 3rd down and long they could have him breathing fire during the highlight to Slipknots wait and Bleed. Watch a Wrestlemania and see the video package at the end from the whole show you just watched. They waste no time.

Lil Red could do that thing where he jumps up and down......on his head and then shakes and punches like there's somebody inside him trying to get out. Love that.

This, plus show Lil Red's antics on the big screen, next to a decible meter. Along with a message proclaiming that if the stadium reaches 130 db, someone will stab Lil Red with a large pair of scissors.

Would it be to hard to do a new tunnel walk every game (six or seven in a year????) I'd love to see "Come out and Play" by Offspring...with alternating great offensive plays and killer defensive hits on the big screen...or "make some noise" by the Beasties...there are dozens of songs every year that would work...rather than have that "one song", build the hype around "what's it going to be this week"....

Landlord nailed it above. The friggin commercials suck everyone out of the game. Just pointless. "Yay 12 of the 18 people who are supposed to be in Row 34 won a diet pepsi!" No more nonsense. Im all for honoring the womens bowling team but maybe pregame instead of inbetween important downs.

I wouldnt give the WWE free reign over the whole shebang but they would ABSOLUTELY be beneficial towards creating a new tunnel walk. Incredible video crew and they are really good at making their own in house music. Also they know how to quickly churn out live highlights into video packages. 1st and 10 RG44 comes up with a sack. By 3rd down and long they could have him breathing fire during the highlight to Slipknots wait and Bleed. Watch a Wrestlemania and see the video package at the end from the whole show you just watched. They waste no time.

From your first comment. Is there a college stadium that does not do this? I figured it was standard.

From your first comment. Is there a college stadium that does not do this? I figured it was standard.

I only have one other reference point personally, but from what I've heard, the Nebraska gameday experience is very, very much like a professional atmosphere more than a college one.

If commercials in game are standard kets break the mold. Nobody wants to hear what the official bank of Husker Nation is, Nobody gets super pumped to find out Quincy Enunwa has a crush on Catwoman. Lets make the experience more awe i spiring and less fun facts.

Agreed except that whoever is the official bank of Husker Nation paid for that and I doubt the athletic department is going to say no to money.

I only have one other reference point personally, but from what I've heard, the Nebraska gameday experience is very, very much like a professional atmosphere more than a college one.

My only other reference is that of the University of Minnesota and they do the same thing as the huskers.