What the media and fans haven't learned from TO

Well the defense didn't work at all for 7.5 games, and that is all on Bo. There weren't many people in the world, other than the Husker staff, that expected that D to work.

......if only Pelini would have looked to an internet forum for answers........

Yeah, but he was only looking for the negative things fans say about him.

Well the defense didn't work at all for 7.5 games, and that is all on Bo. There weren't many people in the world, other than the Husker staff, that expected that D to work.

No....it didn't work Wyoming through first 1.5 quarter of SDSU game. After that it did (maybe not totally against Minny but our O did nothing to help).

That is a pretty long stretch. Working against Purdue and Illinois is not saying much. The O didn't help the D much in many games, and neither did the special teams. Even when the O didn't turn the ball over, the drives did not consume much time. Either a 3 & out, or a quick score.

No....it didn't work Wyoming through first 1.5 quarter of SDSU game. After that it did (maybe not totally against Minny but our O did nothing to help).

That is a pretty long stretch. Working against Purdue and Illinois is not saying much. The O didn't help the D much in many games, and neither did the special teams. Even when the O didn't turn the ball over, the drives did not consume much time. Either a 3 & out, or a quick score.

It was a long stretch, but it worked vs Southern Miss (because they were horrible) and the first half vs UCLA. So we pretty much played Wyoming, 2nd half UCLA and 1.5 quarters SDSU of the "complicated scheme" badly. And might not of meant a lot vs Purdue, but we did what were suppose to...can't ask any more. Also don't forget Illinois did hang 30+ on OSU and Wisky. And I totally agree on the O making it seem like the D wasn't doing as well as were. They played a damn good 2nd half the season.

For as much as "the defense sucked the first half of the season", at least in the last half you could see a glimmer of hope, maybe something to build on for next year...

I do have hope again for the D. My overall hope is limited by expectations of continued turnovers, bad special teams, and the possibility of a freshman QB. I also worry about Gregory going pro.

Great read that summarizes my thoughts on the current state of the program. Apparently this is written by a booster. Enjoy.

Somehow this staff took the youngest defense in the BIG and made it not just better but significantly so. The Husker D was 107th in total defense after the South Dakota State game and it finished the season 37th. I was at the Michigan game where that defense grew up, dominated the home team in front of 112,000 people, and played with the confidence of a seasoned group. (As an aside, it comes as no surprise to me, that the Husker defense played their best games away from the drama of Lincoln. Think at Michigan and Penn State.)

http://shonhopwood.c...ed-tom-osborne/

Glad you enjoyed your day there Fowler. But do you know how exaggerated this sounds? Dominated??? While TRAILING, a freshman QB pitched a game winning TD to Abdullah inside the 10 with two minutes left in the game is what you got out of that? In front of 112K people. Seasoned group. Domination. Wow................

Great read that summarizes my thoughts on the current state of the program. Apparently this is written by a booster. Enjoy.

Somehow this staff took the youngest defense in the BIG and made it not just better but significantly so. The Husker D was 107th in total defense after the South Dakota State game and it finished the season 37th. I was at the Michigan game where that defense grew up, dominated the home team in front of 112,000 people, and played with the confidence of a seasoned group. (As an aside, it comes as no surprise to me, that the Husker defense played their best games away from the drama of Lincoln. Think at Michigan and Penn State.)

Glad you enjoyed your day there Fowler. But do you know how exaggerated this sounds? Dominated??? While TRAILING, a freshman QB pitched a game winning TD to Abdullah inside the 10 with two minutes left in the game is what you got out of that? In front of 112K people. Seasoned group. Domination. Wow................

That defense held Michigan to negative 21 rushing yards, and under 200 offensive yards for the game. I personally would consider that a dominating defensive performance

That defense held Michigan to negative 21 rushing yards, and under 200 offensive yards for the game. I personally would consider that a dominating defensive performance

The week before they were held to negative 27 yards rushing on 27 carries.

While the media will proclaim that 'it's not our fault' re: team play or coach behavior, the WAY they report this information IS an issue. Did anyone else notice how the media splashed an unattractive picture of Bo the day after we lost to Iowa? If we would've won that game do you think that picture would've been on the front page of the paper or on the news sites webpages? NOT ON YOUR LIFE! In fact, I found it very interesting and somewhat hypocritical of that same media, when after hearing that the AD supported Bo & Co. they posted a professional picture on their website. If would be refreshing if they would take responsibility for what they report.

The article is absolutely correct in stating there is a media bias towards Bo from the OWH. Sure the team had it's struggles, and there are some things that need to be fixed. How about those issues get addressed instead of just erasing the whole board and starting over from scratch. How about these knowledgeable columnist give their opinions on how to fix football issues instead of wanting heads to roll after every fumble/interception/loss.

Most reasonable people lowered their expectations for this season after they realized that Taylor was gone, and that every game, with a young defense and quarterback, would be a dogfight.

Seems like there are a lot of HB posters who don't fall into this category. People who predicted we'd go 11-2 were still expecting 11-2 after we lost our QB and offensive line. :lol:

One thing this guy brought up is staff continuity.

One reason I like the Bo hire is because he was young, and presumably was going to bring in young, energetic coaches who would be here hopefully, for 12-15-18 years.

As it turned out, we had quite the turnover for the first 3 years.

Carl

Watson

Sanders

Ekeler

The other DB coach?

The other WR coach?

Barney moved, added Garrison

Those are 7 I can think of, besides GAs, I'm sure there's a couple more.

Unless there is a glaring spot that needs changed, I'm hoping we stick with some coaching regularity for the foreseeable future. It really matters and is obviously helping in recruiting.

I agree to an extent with the premise of the article. I definitely think the media has stirred the pot on the whole fire BP thing for 2 reasons. I think it sells newspapers and I don't think some of the writers like how BP handles the media. Now if you ask the media they would say otherwise.

On USC yesterday Severe, read a short blurb from Barfy's recent blog. It basically said all the media is doing is reflecting what the fan base is thinking and that they are just asking the questions that the fans want to know about. Basically saying it is not the media at all that does anything wrong.

I am sure that is the way Lee feels, I personally don't believe that media ever presents that fair of a view of things.

The week before they were held to negative 48 yards rushing on 29 carries.

the week before that they ran for 248 and passed for 503.

the week after, they ran for 139 and passed for 226.

what point were you trying to make by pointing out their rushing performance against a top 5 defense?