Clowney Ticketed for 110 MPH

clyde40

Wouldnt doubt if hes trying to find a good way out of playing the bowl game. Has seemed pretty obvious he hasnt been going all out this season in hopes of trying to stay free of injury im sure. So some speeding tickets and minor things may get him suspended but really not hurt his draft stock with good workouts.

However, his play, whether on purpose or not, this year has to make teams rethink some things. Is he lazy? Why didnt he play hard? Or was he playing hard? Is he a coaster? Theres more things on the field i saw that would hurt his draft than off the field so far.

pretty sure I was right when I said early in the season that Randy Gregory would make Clowny look silly. Clowny may be more talented and physically gifted, but raw effort makes up for a LOT of shortcomings in the god-givens department. By the end of the year, ESPN commentators were even suggesting Clowny take lessons from Gregory on rushing the passer.

I never want to hear anything from ESPN ever again about pre-season Heisman candidates. Clowney had one highlight that any competent athlete would have made, and they spun that into him being the greatest defensive player in the history of college football.

Well he did have some pretty impressive stats, but his disappearing act this year was just crazy.