Spring Practice Dumpster Fire

Mavric

It's a new spin on the diamond formation. Put in 3 QBs. 2 in pistol and one in shotgun. Each one has a play to run. Center DE dies who to snap the ball to. #multipleyetsimple

but are three qb's on the field enough? and how many dead defensive end centers, perhaps an odd hybrid position, can we endure?

Can we run the 3-4 on offense too?

It's a new spin on the diamond formation. Put in 3 QBs. 2 in pistol and one in shotgun. Each one has a play to run. Center DE dies who to snap the ball to. #multipleyetsimple

but are three qb's on the field enough? and how many dead defensive end centers, perhaps an odd hybrid position, can we endure?

I typed this from my Kindle. Damnyouautocorrect. +1

i could not resist. but i can sympathize. i have a first gen. kindle fire and typing on it is a real chore.

i could not resist. but i can sympathize. i have a first gen. kindle fire and typing on it is a real chore.

Do you even tablet, bro?

Do you even tablet, bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 2m

Jonathan Rose had an interception for the 2nd straight practice. Think he'll be the guy to beat at corner spot opposite Mitchell. #Huskers

What the hell's up with all these picks? Can we get a QB coach or what? Damn it Bo.

What the hell's up with all these picks? Can we get a QB coach or what? Damn it Bo.

Who is throwing the INT? TA, Stanton, or Turner?

Jamal Turner was the one picked by J Rose yesterday from what I understand. Don't know about today, I'd assume Leroy Picked either Turner or TA

The interceptions aren't a major concern for me, yet. First couple of practices, working out the kinks. Plus, it sounds like they're retooling the offense a little. There's just so many factors at play I don't think anyone should sit here and say oh boy here we go again because that's kind of what the spring is for.

But, as I've said in the past, I do hope the person that starts at QB has a good handle on ball security. We need a guy that can make plays but most important take care of the football. No more leading the nation in turnovers type stuff. And you can easily say turnovers are one of the biggest reasons Nebraska has been 9-4 for a millennia now. We simply turn the ball over far too often. A QB that takes care of the ball will do wonders, and I'll even sacrifice a little outlandish playmaking ability (like TM had at times in his career) if it means we turn the ball over 10 less times a season.

Jamal Turner was the one picked by J Rose yesterday from what I understand. Don't know about today, I'd assume Leroy Picked either Turner or TA

Yeah, sounds like Rose picked Turner and Alexander's highlight reel pick was off TA. I got the impression from some of the comments that TA threw more than one but I don't know for sure - there was at least one more pick by Gerry.

This time of the year, I like to drink the Koolaid. So, instead of "we have the worst QB development ever," I'm thinking "I love Coach Warren and his new aggressive techniques." OOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!

Word on the street is the Huskers are running a lot of screen plays so far this spring.

Alonzo Moore was held out of practice with a shoulder injury.

The WR screen play?

Darth_vader_no.gif

I think i just threw up in my mouth a little.

As for the INTs, yeah, it's a trend by the QB. I'm ready to move on to Jamal or Johnny. Tommy seems like a great kid, but a below average QB. I know, I know, he's just a soph. and I'm jumping the gun, but I saw nothing that led me to believe that he will be a good QB. Hope I'm wrong.

Tommy made a lot of bad decisions last year, but he has all the physical tools to be a great QB. Like many young quarterbacks, he made some very questionable passes, but most of the time, those passes were at least thrown well. I like Tommy, and would be fine with him as our starting QB, but I'm excited to see what JT or Johnny Stanton can do.

Word on the street is the Huskers are running a lot of screen plays so far this spring.

Alonzo Moore was held out of practice with a shoulder injury.

The WR screen play?

Darth_vader_no.gif

I think i just threw up in my mouth a little.

As for the INTs, yeah, it's a trend by the QB. I'm ready to move on to Jamal or Johnny. Tommy seems like a great kid, but a below average QB. I know, I know, he's just a soph. and I'm jumping the gun, but I saw nothing that led me to believe that he will be a good QB. Hope I'm wrong.

Tommy made a lot of bad decisions last year, but he has all the physical tools to be a great QB. Like many young quarterbacks, he made some very questionable passes, but most of the time, those passes were at least thrown well. I like Tommy, and would be fine with him as our starting QB, but I'm excited to see what JT or Johnny Stanton can do.

One of my concerns with Tommy is that he puts too much air under the ball. Heck, I don't have anywhere close to his ability, but I know that there are times you have to put some mustard on the ball and get it there. Maybe he doesn't have the arm strength to do so?

Make no mistake, Tommy has a cannon.