Spurrier Calls out B1G School for Negative Recruiting

Also, since we seem to be maintaining the fiction that negative recruiting doesn't happen in the SEC....

I call BS on the "we don't see negative recruiting from other SEC coaches."

General article on all SEC recruiting

Mark Richt discussing negative recruiting

SEC blog about negative recruiting

SECRant forum discussing Tennessee negative recruiting

There are dozens more. I'm sure you could find the same or similar articles, blogs, forum discussions & tweets about the Big Ten, PAC-12, the Texas conference, etc.

The takeaway from that comment isn't that a Big Ten school negatively recruited - they all probably do - but that Spurrier said with what I'm presuming was a straight face that he doesn't see that in the SEC.

AJC and SECr.

:waste

Knapp.

AJC and SECr.

No.

Anyhow I'm going to bow out before I get in trouble.

I'm sure some degree of negative recruiting goes all over from outright lies like, "that coach is retiring next year" to graduation rates, to little rib jabbing stuff like "we beat them by double digits last year," and everything in b/w.

Spurrier never named the school, but he let it be none that he knew it was being done. He called out the guy who's not in the club (SEC), w/o even specifically saying his name. The whole time, Bo (or whoever the Asst is) knows what Spurrier is talking about and now he knows that Spurrier will bring it up whenever in the media. So that NU coach (especially if he's an Asst) is thinking, "crap, I pissed off one of the most networked HC's in the NCAA, I made up some stuff, got called out on it and now I could look even more like jerk."

While that is going on, Spurrier is leaning back drinking a Coors and having a good laugh about it while he's chatting with Stoops and Gruden (yeah, they're buddies.) Spurrier sent out the message, don't negative recruit SC, otherwise you'll get called out on it, but probably only after we land the recruit and find out. I imagine if SC negatively recruits against a school then we'll get called out the same...unless we're really good at it.

Also, to whoever in this thread wrote about paying for a 3 Star recruit...lmao. sure.

• Fire 1

He's not the first coach to notice that B1G coaches can be a little bit squirrely with recruiting, two B1G coaches noticed it about Urban Meyer recently.

wonder where he cut his teeth with "big time" football........

Same place as Bo, the SEC.

lobcity.gif

Spending 2 years at LSU is cutting his teeth? After playing in the B1G, coaching in the NFL and Big 12?

• Fire 2

He's not the first coach to notice that B1G coaches can be a little bit squirrely with recruiting, two B1G coaches noticed it about Urban Meyer recently.

lobcity.gif

You do realize your program is going back to where it has always been when Spurrier leaves, right?

lobcity.gif

You do realize your program is going back to where it has always been when Spurrier leaves, right?

Do you mean beating OSU in the Outback Bowl over and over? Sure, we could go up or down or stay the same. Some programs never return to their greatness after a tremendous head coach leaves and maybe they never will. Time will tell.

• Fire 1

I'm sure some degree of negative recruiting goes all over from outright lies like, "that coach is retiring next year" to graduation rates, to little rib jabbing stuff like "we beat them by double digits last year," and everything in b/w.

Spurrier never named the school, but he let it be none that he knew it was being done. He called out the guy who's not in the club (SEC), w/o even specifically saying his name. The whole time, Bo (or whoever the Asst is) knows what Spurrier is talking about and now he knows that Spurrier will bring it up whenever in the media. So that NU coach (especially if he's an Asst) is thinking, "crap, I pissed off one of the most networked HC's in the NCAA, I made up some stuff, got called out on it and now I could look even more like jerk."

While that is going on, Spurrier is leaning back drinking a Coors and having a good laugh about it while he's chatting with Stoops and Gruden (yeah, they're buddies.) Spurrier sent out the message, don't negative recruit SC, otherwise you'll get called out on it, but probably only after we land the recruit and find out. I imagine if SC negatively recruits against a school then we'll get called out the same...unless we're really good at it.

Also, to whoever in this thread wrote about paying for a 3 Star recruit...lmao. sure.

PittmanWink.gif