What, if anything, makes you dislike Creighton fans?

A friend and I were having this conversation over the weekend actually. He brought up a good point in that it's like the White Sox and Cubs. You don't live in Chicago and cheer for both teams. You pick one and typically hate the other.

not at all. in your scenario there are only two teams. unless you are saying that it is odd for someone to like both basketball teams.

if anything, it is like how everyone in chicago are bears fans, but some are cubs fans and some are sox fans; depending on where they live.

I work with creighton fans.. I am the only true Nebraska Basketball fan(plenty of Husker football fans)...

I like the creighton fans except for when we talk Basketball- They are cocky and talk down to others-- there is a smugness about Blue Jay fans that doesnt have any true backing behind it.

Creighton is beat-able, and the Big East is overrated... They dont believe either opinion of mine.

I hope Nebraska makes the tourney. I hope we play creighton in the first game.. and i hope we knock them out.. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

A friend and I were having this conversation over the weekend actually. He brought up a good point in that it's like the White Sox and Cubs. You don't live in Chicago and cheer for both teams. You pick one and typically hate the other.

not at all. in your scenario there are only two teams. unless you are saying that it is odd for someone to like both basketball teams.

if anything, it is like how everyone in chicago are bears fans, but some are cubs fans and some are sox fans; depending on where they live.

That is what I was trying to say. Typically you don't like 2 teams that play each other, in any sport. Especially when they are in such close proximity to one another. Its kind of like saying I'm a fan of X school but I'm a fan of their rival as well. I'll just pick whichever of the 2 is doing better in that particular year.

I guarantee if Creighton ends up sucking next year like most think they will, there is going to be a mass influx of Nebrasketball "fans". Some of those same "fans" will be ones who are talking sh#t about Nebrasketball this year, like Minnesota Husker is referencing in the post above this.

Not a huge Creighton fan, but I do like watching McDermott play. He is really good and plays the game the right way with a ton of fundamentals.

I don't live in Nebraska anymore, so most people out here don't know anything about Creighton. Now we have Gonzaga as are small Catholic mid-major.

That is what I was trying to say. Typically you don't like 2 teams that play each other, in any sport. Especially when they are in such close proximity to one another. Its kind of like saying I'm a fan of X school but I'm a fan of their rival as well. I'll just pick whichever of the 2 is doing better in that particular year.

People can do whatever they want.

I cheer for and support both schools with Nebraska as my top priority. There's nothing wrong with that.

My 2 Creighton fan brother in laws were very nice last night. They genuinely wanted the Huskers to win. So I guess there are 2 that I don't have to hate. Which will make family gatherings much more pleasant.

i was bummed nebraska lost. but, i had a bad feeling about that game and really did not think nebraska was going to make the tourney even if they won it. the field is too wide open and they have a few pretty bad losses. i think they would need to win out and win two in the conf. tourney to get in now. but they strongest argument to be let in was that they were hot and finishing strong.

I hate Creighton because of people like "gamer". You're a Nebraska football fan, but come back in basketball season and root aganst Nebraska?

i would strongly caution against hating a fanbase because of a few fans. i am constantly defending husker fans against people who hate our fanbase because of a couple of guys they know who "are the worst."

all fanbases have terrible fans, and they tend to be the loudest.