***2016 Recruiting***

It's a process. You can't just snap your fingers and get top recruiting classes to win championships. Higher class's (top 20s) will allow us to win more then "6 games" hopefully.... We then build a base and move up with motivation. Clemson wasn't pulling top 15 recruiting classes 4 years ago.... Yet they built on it and now look great.

You expect instant gratification. There is no manual on any of this... Stop being s negative Nancy and enjoy life.

Sir, with all due respect...I believe Clemson has only been out of the top 15 once since 2010, and was 17th that year.

Only one team outside of the Top 10 in recruiting has won the NC over the past 15 years, and that was Auburn who was 12. I don't know why people don't want to accept that. It's real simple: look at the teams who have won it all recently, and look where those teams consistently finish in the recruiting rankings.

Yeah, that's probably not too wrong, but it may not have been only the conference move. There are a lot of good players in TX and NU's peak Texas recruitment during the Big 12 days was at a time when schools like TCU, Baylor, Tech, and A&M were also picking scraps. All (well, most?) of these programs have taken their turn becoming legitimate P5 programs since then, and Texas remains a force. Houston has also emerged. So, it's become a much more crowded space than it was when Nebraska as a B12 North competitor could swoop in and claim what Texas overlooked.

And those days, Texas was hosting a junior day and filling half its class. These days, Texas is doing as much late game recruiting as anybody. Their class this year is poised and reliant on major late moves.

It's also the coaches that are different. I don't know if Nebraska is totally not a presence in TX anymore (the recruitniks here can speak to that), but our major connection to TX since 2008, Tim Beck, is now at tOSU. He's a former TX HS coach and was always a recruiting force here.

In contrast, a number of our current coaches have a *very* heavy California/Pacific Coast presence, while a few (Stewart, Hughes?) are East Coast guys. Coach Williams has ties to SEC country. For Nebraska, The Game used to be local+Texas+elsewhere. I suspect while Texas is still in the picture, the focus has spread around more, and TX recruiting has taken a backseat to at least California if not a few other areas as well.

• Fire 1

I think the top 10 recruiting class thing is a little overblown. Sure it may statistically be correct, but there were also 7 straight SEC champs. SEC classes tend to get an extra umph on rankings if I mayb be so bold to say so.

Bottom line; yes, we would like to be in the top 10 or at least top 15 every year. But that wasn't going to happen last year and it probably wont this year, though the potential is there. It can happen, as soon as next year. But then we still have to wait for those to turn into championship teams.

Personally I've been very pleased with our Louisiana pipeline. There's a whole lotta talent here that often gets overlooked by the SEC schools.

I agree...A lot of the Texas schools are starting to offer LA kids over ones out of their own state. IMO, it is one of the best talent producing states.

Yeah, that's probably not too wrong, but it may not have been only the conference move. There are a lot of good players in TX and NU's peak Texas recruitment during the Big 12 days was at a time when schools like TCU, Baylor, Tech, and A&M were also picking scraps. All (well, most?) of these programs have taken their turn becoming legitimate P5 programs since then, and Texas remains a force. Houston has also emerged. So, it's become a much more crowded space than it was when Nebraska as a B12 North competitor could swoop in and claim what Texas overlooked.

And those days, Texas was hosting a junior day and filling half its class. These days, Texas is doing as much late game recruiting as anybody. Their class this year is poised and reliant on major late moves.

It's also the coaches that are different. I don't know if Nebraska is totally not a presence in TX anymore (the recruitniks here can speak to that), but our major connection to TX since 2008, Tim Beck, is now at tOSU. He's a former TX HS coach and was always a recruiting force here.

In contrast, a number of our current coaches have a *very* heavy California/Pacific Coast presence, while a few (Stewart, Hughes?) are East Coast guys. Coach Williams has ties to SEC country. For Nebraska, The Game used to be local+Texas+elsewhere. I suspect while Texas is still in the picture, the focus has spread around more, and TX recruiting has taken a backseat to at least California if not a few other areas as well.

Good stuff. I will say there is a lot of potential in the east, north of SEC country, that I wish we would explore more. This is especially true now that the B1G includes schools in Maryland and New Jersey.