Actual Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

To me it seems like we have a better mentality as a team than the past few years.

On defense we have guys like Mike Rose, and Josh Mitchell talking trash to the offensive players. We have a chance to have a nasty defense this year and in the future because it seems like we have established what we want out of our defense.

The offense has TA who has taken a leadership role. However, I think we need to develop an offensive identity instead of a little of everything, we can be successful in any kind of offense as long as can focus on that type of offense IMO.

First off, thanks to Warrior10 and whoever gets all the real info up on here. Much appreciated.

2nd, to go along w what iowa huskers is saying:

The competition in practice has got to be one of the biggest changes this yr from previous teams.

Gregory is a freakin all American talent. He'll make whoever he goes up against better. Period.

Adam Taylor fighting for carries agaisnt an AllB1G back. Not to mention 2 others w game experience. Having drills agaisnt Zaire and Banderas and VV? Shoot, it's time to cut the weak sisters and know full well that whoever is starting/playing has def earned it!!!!!!!

The accountability and competition cannot be understated. It says a great deal about the culture Pelini had to overcome and re-make from the floor up. Keep it up and we're on our way-----

• Fire 2

To me it seems like we have a better mentality as a team than the past few years.

On defense we have guys like Mike Rose, and Josh Mitchell talking trash to the offensive players. We have a chance to have a nasty defense this year and in the future because it seems like we have established what we want out of our defense.

The offense has TA who has taken a leadership role. However, I think we need to develop an offensive identity instead of a little of everything, we can be successful in any kind of offense as long as can focus on that type of offense IMO.

First off, thanks to Warrior10 and whoever gets all the real info up on here. Much appreciated.

2nd, to go along w what iowa huskers is saying:

The competition in practice has got to be one of the biggest changes this yr from previous teams.

Gregory is a freakin all American talent. He'll make whoever he goes up against better. Period.

Adam Taylor fighting for carries agaisnt an AllB1G back. Not to mention 2 others w game experience. Having drills agaisnt Zaire and Banderas and VV? Shoot, it's time to cut the weak sisters and know full well that whoever is starting/playing has def earned it!!!!!!!

The accountability and competition cannot be understated. It says a great deal about the culture Pelini had to overcome and re-make from the floor up. Keep it up and we're on our way-----

I like hearing this, and honestly I expect nothing less. I may have expected some of these things sooner, but this is an evolution and if I had to say whether we are on the right or wrong side of things, I'd say we are on the right side.

The talent is here now. In my opinion, there is absolutely no debating that whatsoever.

Whats with all the ints? Lock it up quarterbacks.

What if the DBs are just that good and making plays?

I think with Rose and Mitchell this just may be the case.

Or at least I hope so. I really expect Armstrong to take a huge step in decision making this season. I think he gets it. It's spring ball.

I have been out of the loop for a while, what happened to Harvey Jackson. An article in OWH says he is no longer with the team.

http://sports.omaha.com/2014/03/12/practice-report-roachs-return-adds-experience-to-talent-filled-lb-battle/#.UyJoAmd3u70

Article says Pelini indicated Harvey Jackson is expected to graduate in May...he must've gotten passed on the depth chart & wants to move on since he's supposed to graduate before the start of the football season...