Armstrong Leading the QB Race

What would Fyfe have to do to unseat Armstrong, would Armstrong really have to look bad over the next couple weeks, Fyfe plays full throttle and just can't be denied or is Armstrong just entrenched going into FAU?

I really hope coaches are honest about the whole no spot guaranteed and can look at the competitions objectively. You know, in a sense, what Armstrong will at least bring to the table in games. If someone beats him out in camp, the first games against lesser opponents would be the time to start those young guys, and see what they bring. If Tommy still brings better things to the table, then act. The next few weeks will be interesting, thats for sure.

Trying to remember how many of these posters were out of their mind excited when TA committed and how some of these same posters wanted TA to start ahead of TM and with the knowledge that TM was gonna be the starter barring injury, couldn't wait till last year was over so TA could resume his rightful place as the next Tommy to bring us a natty. Now the same guy people were excited to have sign are freaking the F out and are already summarizing his entire Husker career as serviceable among other adjectives. My how time flies.

the facts......none of our opponents are scared of or focused on TA as a really good QB they will need to prepare for.......that might change as the season unfolds, but right now it is just reality.......like it or not!

So????

I am telling you, with the receivers we have, putting a QB under center who can't throw an accurate ball, whose completion percentage is below 60%, is insane. If Fyfe is that guy, put him out there, let the RBs take care of the running game, and give your opponents something to worry about in both areas.

Maybe Tommy is doing fine passing, and maybe he'll be cutting up defenses on the Option and it'll be just fine. But if we're sacrificing a passing game in favor of an Option attack, with the stable of running backs we have, it'll be a flat-out criminal offense.

• Fire 8

I am telling you, with the receivers we have, putting a QB under center who can't throw an accurate ball, whose completion percentage is below 60%, is insane. If Fyfe is that guy, put him out there, let the RBs take care of the running game, and give your opponents something to worry about in both areas.

Maybe Tommy is doing fine passing, and maybe he'll be cutting up defenses on the Option and it'll be just fine. But if we're sacrificing a passing game in favor of an Option attack, with the stable of running backs we have, it'll be a flat-out criminal offense.

giphy.gif

• Fire 2

I admire the attitude of the quarterbacks! With Armstrong study of film and preparation to get better. In addition his ownership of past mistakes and self evaluation to improve his decision making.

Loved Fifes comment " I may have not thrown the ball perfectly, but I know this offense" this is huge for confidence and further growth. allot of pressure to be perfect as a qb mostly self imposed but he put it in perspective, IMO.

Armstrong should throw high and outside. I read Mitchell baited him day one of practice. I like this position group. great young men!

I am telling you, with the receivers we have, putting a QB under center who can't throw an accurate ball, whose completion percentage is below 60%, is insane. If Fyfe is that guy, put him out there, let the RBs take care of the running game, and give your opponents something to worry about in both areas.Maybe Tommy is doing fine passing, and maybe he'll be cutting up defenses on the Option and it'll be just fine. But if we're sacrificing a passing game in favor of an Option attack, with the stable of running backs we have, it'll be a flat-out criminal offense.

Prepare for a server crash if a walk-on beats out a guy who started 8 games the previous year and an Elite 11 recruit.

• Fire 4