Why was Eazy E banned?

Just my two cents (not that it's really worth anywhere near that much) but I never really had much of a problem with EZ. I always thought he tended to come off as a condescending arrogant prick whenever he was engaged in a conversation with somebody he disagreed with. And to be honest, I think much of that imression was a direct result of his smug signature pic with the whiskey and stogie in hand. Sure some of it had to do with his attention whoring updates and general condescension to anyone with a lesser post count but nobody's perfect. It's too bad he couldn't reign in his emotions and follow the rules but he was given more than ample opportunity. This place would be extremely boring without both pumpers and the gloom crowd. That's usually how you arrive at reality somewhere between the extremes.

With everyone still enthralled with him and continually bring his name up, I say bring him back

FREE WIFI

FREE FORMERFAN!

FREE NAMELESS HUSKER!

FREE BUGEATER!

--actually if you brought those three back with EZ, they'd likely kill each other.

The calls to bring EZ-E back imply that he was banned capriciously or without good cause. Neither are true. I personally warned him via PM on several occasions. I cautioned him in person, face to face. I made it utterly clear in his last few months here that he, through his own actions, had placed himself at the threshold of a ban.

The warnings I gave him were not ambiguous, they did not mince words, and they contained direct examples of what not to do.

He was given similar warnings as other people, both publicly and via the official warning system. Others who have had similar warnings have amended their behavior and have remained members. I'm not naming names, but many people can back me up on that if they choose. Others who did not heed those warnings have, like EZ-E, been banned. It was and always has been their choice whether they remain members.

Not one member, no matter how popular or unpopular, Member or Moderator, is above the rules of this site. EZ-E knew those rules and chose to persist in his behavior.

That's the bottom line.

'Cause stone knapp said so!

• Fire 2

The calls to bring EZ-E back imply that he was banned capriciously or without good cause. Neither are true. I personally warned him via PM on several occasions. I cautioned him in person, face to face. I made it utterly clear in his last few months here that he, through his own actions, had placed himself at the threshold of a ban.

The warnings I gave him were not ambiguous, they did not mince words, and they contained direct examples of what not to do.

He was given similar warnings as other people, both publicly and via the official warning system. Others who have had similar warnings have amended their behavior and have remained members. I'm not naming names, but many people can back me up on that if they choose. Others who did not heed those warnings have, like EZ-E, been banned. It was and always has been their choice whether they remain members.

Not one member, no matter how popular or unpopular, Member or Moderator, is above the rules of this site. EZ-E knew those rules and chose to persist in his behavior.

That's the bottom line.

'Cause stone knapp said so!

Stone cold Knapp? More like COLD STONE KNAPP!!!!!

......because he likes ice cream you see

......because his body type leads you to believe such a thing.........

Shut up it is too funny!

Ultimately, I admit that I know I get called the inverse to ol' EZ, but I like to think that I can somehow can have some respect because I never openly insult someone's intelligence. TheSker, Po Belini, Landlord, and Hunter74 hate me but I'd buy them all a beer because at the end of the day, we're all NU fans, and its fun to debate the nuances of it all.

I don't hate you :)

Ultimately, I admit that I know I get called the inverse to ol' EZ, but I like to think that I can somehow can have some respect because I never openly insult someone's intelligence. TheSker, Po Belini, Landlord, and Hunter74 hate me but I'd buy them all a beer because at the end of the day, we're all NU fans, and its fun to debate the nuances of it all.

Just got dusty in here.

Me either. :)

Just got dusty in here.

I don't think anyone hates you as a person, they just hate your constant negativity and shooting down anything positive that happens to the program.

• Fire 5

Not related to EZ-E specifically, and not looking for a specific answer but more of just an ideology, but this brings up an interesting question for me. Do people that get banned deserve to stay banned forever? And if not, why not, and what kind of a timeframe should be given for that? I mean they can't show their amends via the board, obviously, but if someone however many months or years down the line still misses this place and thinks, "wow yeah I was a douchebag", should they be able to come back?

I believe that's why there are temporary and permanent bans. It sounds like EZ-E was given multiple chances to avoid a permanent ban and he failed to make the necessary changes. He really has no one to blame but himself; and, I think it brings the board into a shady area if you then start backtracking on your permanent bans, even if behavior has changed.

I believe people can earn second chances. But, again, I'd have to argue it sounds like EZ-E was given multiple, MULTIPLE, chances to stop screwing up. And he didn't.

• Fire 2

I got one week suspension a year and a half ago. Not me but my son who entered a nasty, defamatory and vulgar HB post. I believe only one post or perhaps two.

BTW, I didn't know that !.............WHOOPS !

HB rules #6– Do NOT Copy & Paste Original Content from Other Sites

At no times should content be copied and pasted on HuskerBoard without citing the source or linking directly to the content. Exclusive content provided by services such as Rivals and Scout should NEVER be copied and posted on HuskerBoard, even if you own a membership. Material on these sites that is NOT in the membership section can be posted only if you cite the source - or you may link directly to the content.