SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

Nebraska fans need to decide what they want from local players. One minute, we get offended when really good local players don't get national attention. Then we get pissed when Oregon, OU, and Michigan offer.

Talk about making up your mind..

I think you're missing the point. We want them to get the offers, we just want them to be committed to us beyond a reasonable doubt. I think in the mind of most of us, it should not be a question that if a Nebraska kid gets an offer from us they should be ours.

Nebraska fans need to decide what they want from local players. One minute, we get offended when really good local players don't get national attention. Then we get pissed when Oregon, OU, and Michigan offer.

I think you're missing the point. We want them to get the offers, we just want them to be committed to us beyond a reasonable doubt. I think in the mind of most of us, it should not be a question that if a Nebraska kid gets an offer from us they should be ours.

I didn't miss any point. Neal is committed to us. Remained committed despite a coaching change. With offers come visits and hosting coaches in home. That's how the process works. We need to learn to deal with it.

I didn't miss any point. Neal is committed to us. Remained committed despite a coaching change. With offers come visits and hosting coaches in home. That's how the process works. We need to learn to deal with it.

He remained "committed" but opened up his recruiting again. So he may have remained "committed" but he was very openly willing to listen to and visit other programs. So I wouldn't say he was a 100% solid commit.

The Cottons were (I assume) 100% committed to Nebraska. Other than that, I don't think anyone ever is.

especially in this day and age. 16, 17 18 year old kids are able to create a stir by writing something very small on Twitter.

Thats where having supportive yet firm parents is important. Who knows what neal said to the coaches... but i would hope he isnt jerking them around.

I don't think he was the great news Riley speaks of. I think riley new he was N after this weekend

Neal hosted Michigan coaches today. It would be weird for him to tell Riley, "Hey HCMR, I am all N but will be inviting Coach Mattison in my home tomorrow. No worries." I would say he said he will make his "final" decision shortly after meeting Michigan coaches, and after today, he decided there's no place like DONU.