Kirk Herbstreit on the 2014 Huskers

He never has been. He just did not like our Bot votes. He is a good friend of Bo's I have heard, and he has been positive when it is deserved. I have always liked him, and truly feel he tells it like it is. He is very powerful, having him on our side helps no question.

• Fire 2

He never has been. He just did not like our Bot votes. He is a good friend of Bo's I have heard, and he has been positive when it is deserved. I have always liked him, and truly feel he tells it like it is. He is very powerful, having him on our side helps no question.

^this. He thinks very highly of Bo, Maybe others can enlighten me as to other instances outside of that best team of all-time voting segment where he displayed an unreasonable amount of vitriol towards NU, Making fun of Herbie's fit on that segment is entertaining but I'm surprised that there are husker fans who have a legitimate beef with him.

Save it for Mark May

• Fire 1

He is alright, I don't really mind him and I do think he gives BP the benefit of the doubt because they did play some together at OSU, though I think Kirk was 2-3 years behind BP.

I think he is a good color guy, his game day stuff isn't anything special, but it is better than Desmond Howard and Pollard. Pollard is the worstSEC homer they have on the set.

People forget that College Gameday is something that's put together with entertainment in mind.

I am willing to bet that commentators have been stuck pushing a position that they really don't believe in so that the show can be either balanced up one way or another, or skewed to favor one side or another based on what was discussed in the production meetings.

There is also the "character" element, where they intentionally put people on to be the on set "homer" for whatever team or conference. And they have Lee pick teams so that they can have a big moment at the end of the show. I bet, on average, he picks the home team more than the visitors at a live set... just my guess there.

In the end, the show's goals are probably to entertain first and to attract eye balls to ESPN.

And I think that is why we Husker fans feel slighted by the show. Yes, we love this team. Yes, there are a lot of Husker fans out there. But when it comes to population and pleasing the masses....the east coast, deep south and west coast are where the bread gets buttered. Fair no. But most definitely true.