**Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread**

Sex and soccer: should teams abstain during the World Cup?

Three different approaches.

The 'Laid back Jurgen':

"I think we are very casual in the way we approach things," Klinsmann, a World Cup winner in 1990 with Germany, told Fusion TV.

..."I think we have a group of guys together and an environment together that is very open, very casual. But once we go on the field for training and also for the games, we are very serious and down to business."

The Mexican:

"If a player can't go one month or 20 days without having sexual relations, then they are not prepared to be a professional player," ("El Tri" coach Miguel Herrera) told Mexican newspaper Reforma.

The 'They can even masturbate':

Music to the ears of Bosnia-Herzegovina's coach Safet Susic, who according to British newspaper the Daily Star, told his players "there will be no sex in Brazil."

Yet Susic, who is leading Bosnia at its first major tournament, has allowed one small concession.

"They can find another solution, they can even masturbate if they want. (...) this is not a holiday trip, we are there to play football at the World Cup."

USA!

Jesus these last few mins are killing me.

yep ......

Dummy here ...... I noticed 92:30 clock on the telecast screen. What's the story with that? Unofficial? I thought maximum of 90 minutes.

BTW, I heard FIFA is corrupt, crooked, kickbacks, preplanned results (fixed) .... equal to olympic IOC.

FIFA may be crooked, but I have a hard time seeing how they can fix a game when penalties are pretty uncommon. Meh, they'd probably fix the games in our favor if true just so that Americans will start caring about soccer more than every four years.

They don't care that we don't care.

I doubt that. Corrupt organizations love money, and we have more money than anyone. It's in FIFA's best interest to have the US legitimately interested in soccer.

Jesus these last few mins are killing me.

yep ......

Dummy here ...... I noticed 92:30 clock on the telecast screen. What's the story with that? Unofficial? I thought maximum of 90 minutes.

BTW, I heard FIFA is corrupt, crooked, kickbacks, preplanned results (fixed) .... equal to olympic IOC.

FIFA may be crooked, but I have a hard time seeing how they can fix a game when penalties are pretty uncommon. Meh, they'd probably fix the games in our favor if true just so that Americans will start caring about soccer more than every four years.

They don't care that we don't care.

I doubt that. Corrupt organizations love money, and we have more money than anyone. It's in FIFA's best interest to have the US legitimately interested in soccer.

How long until Jim Delaney starts pushing the BTN in London?