Josh Banderas Arrested

Radio just announced per LJS that the charges are dropped and Josh will go through diversion.

I hope to God this isn't just because this kid is on the football team. Because that's a load of crap if it is.
Happens all the time. I took diversion for mip. Im not on the football team. Almost anybody can take diversion for all knds of different offenses.

Also, i didnt read the entire thread but from what i did i think these apply...

First and foremost

1.)Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone.

And something tells me this most likely applies to many on here too.

2.)People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• Fire 1

Radio just announced per LJS that the charges are dropped and Josh will go through diversion.

I hope to God this isn't just because this kid is on the football team. Because that's a load of crap if it is.
Happens all the time. I took diversion for mip. Im not on the football team. Almost anybody can take diversion for all knds of different offenses.

Also, i didnt read the entire thread but from what i did i think these apply...

First and foremost

1.)Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone.

And something tells me this most likely applies to many on here too.

2.)People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Dont forget 3. He who smelt it first dealt it!
  • Fire 1

Know of incidents with non-athletes that got the same kind of treatment. It's pretty much if you don't have any criminal record you get diversion option the first time.

This is the right outcome as far as the law goes. I hope to hell this kid learns from this. Truly baffling to me why he would have ever done anything like this in the first place.

Now that said, the law part might be handled, but I hope his teammates kick the stuff out of him next chance they get. You just don't crap on your brothers like this. This team doesn't need any more off the field distractions and Banderas doesn't get the right to drag the Nebraska name theough the mud like this. I hope he runs a lot, I hope he sits some games, and I hope he gets popped a few times under the chin strap. Maybe Adam Taylor or Imani Cross in a one on one or two vs. one drill and just pile drive his ass a few times. And by pile drive his ass, I don't mean what the rest of you confused individuals were talking about in another thread.

• Fire 1

I'm afraid FSU action.

How about Lucas Keifer case? delete; Keifer's case remains open

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10956091/josh-banderas-nebraska-cornhuskers-enters-pretrial-diversion-program

Bo should suspend him for a couple of games in the early season. But hopefully Banderas can play this season and learn and grow up. Banderas is still incredibly young and could end up being a great player as he grows older

Concur but I prefer four games IMO. Plus more stairs punishment.

It was in the paper right after the news broke that if this was a first offense, and since this wasn't a felony, then it was possible that he could get diversion. This is a possible option for everyone in this situation.

Pretty much standard any more.

I had some guys break into my shop, stole 30 titanium mountain bike frames and parts, I actually caught one of them riding one about two weeks later. He had a history of theft, he spent 21 days in jail and I lost 35K. Seems fair.

But this is somewhat different, the kid took stuff that was supposedly abandoned. Hopefully this will teach him a lesson, and I am sure he has lost some trust from his team mates. That will be the hardest part on him is my guess. Losing another's trust is hard. I am sure he has. I just hope he see's the light and learns from his actions (note, I did not say mistake). lol.

Pretty much standard any more.

I had some guys break into my shop, stole 30 titanium mountain bike frames and parts, I actually caught one of them riding one about two weeks later. He had a history of theft, he spent 21 days in jail and I lost 35K. Seems fair.

But this is somewhat different, the kid took stuff that was supposedly abandoned. Hopefully this will teach him a lesson, and I am sure he has lost some trust from his team mates. That will be the hardest part on him is my guess. Losing another's trust is hard. I am sure he has. I just hope he see's the light and learns from his actions (note, I did not say mistake). lol.

This will be a hard punishment for sure, especially for how close the team is all of the time.

Also, I had my own experience in Stealing. A friend and I were at the local drug store when we were kids and I took a pack of baseball cards and my friend bought two or three packs of them, when we got out of there we opened them and I found Bo Jackson's Rookie card in mine and My friend didn't get crap. Man he was mad at me. I kept this card on a shelf in my room in a hard plastic cover. One day it was gone and never got it back. My older brother, we'll just say hung with a bad crowd, was in and out of there all of the time so I knew where it went. But, from then on I learned that, that card really wasn't mine in the first place and it got taken from me because I took it from someone else. Karma I guess. Oh and my friend thought that was the funniest thing ever!!

Maybe Josh (and Lucas) felt like he was stealing from the abandoned UNL property and not fellow students. I assumed all seven bikes tagged "Impounded Notice" ......... how many days before lock cut theft ?

That's how I interpreted it. It's a stupid crime to commit but it's not like they were stealing bikes over lunch in the middle of the semester. It's still theft but the intent is different.