Who is your favorite Husker?

Favorite Husker, current and past? Not necessarily the most talent, just your favorite.

For me, Kenny Bell. Signed him out of Boulder, right out of CU's backyard. Has freakish athletic ability. And personality plus. And until recently, had the second most awesome fro of any Husker. (Wonder Monds)

Past: Grant Wistrom. Maybe the best rush end we've ever had. His work ethic raised the level of the whole team.

Honorable mention1: Taylor Martinez. Has perhaps the best highlight reel of any Husker. Had more crazy long TD runs in his first half dozen games as a redshirt frosh than most guys have in their entire careers. Heck, in his first start he had three TD runs on seven carries. That TD run against Wisconsin in the CCG two years ago may have been the greatest QB scramble in history. (I love that play.) :lol:

Honorable mention2: Ndamukong Suh. The guy absolutely dominated his senior year. I'm not sure what's going on in the NFL with him. I think a lot of the negative hype is just that. Hype. But in college he was one the best defensive players Nebraska has ever had. At any position. IMHO.

/ I'm sure we've had "favorite" threads in the past. I don't recall seeing one recently though.

Current: Ameer Abdullah. Love that guy and his attitude. After seeing the film Ron Brown made up for us at the coaches clinic from the back angle really just made me respect AA for his vision and athletic ability.

Current Honorable Mention: Jack Gangwish. Dude plays like a crazy man from the 90's at least he did in high school. Had the honor to coach him for 1 year in football and wrestling.

Past: Ahman Green. How could you not appreciate how that guy ran the football? Power, Speed, Agility. The complete package, and he followed it up with a solid career at the Packers.

Past Honorable Mention: Scott Frost. Big bruising QB that when running the ball, hit you like a LB. Good grief I would take another one of him any day.

Current: While traditionally its the 2nd string QB, I like Gregory. HM: Bell, Abdullah

Past: Jeff Kinney - personal reason. He was a student teacher in PE. He saved my neck (literally) when I stalled out half way on a flip on the vaulting horse.

Current: Probably Gregory.

Past: Tommie Frazier. In many ways the team and fans suffered for that 1983 loss to Miami for more than a decade. That wound didn't heal until Tommie took over. He just had this presence about him, that somehow when he took the field you knew we were going to win. Tommie's will helped a fan base torn by that loss, and another ten years of second-tier status, heal up. Tommie was the keystone to that resurgence, and the architect of one of the greatest runs in the history of College Football.

Current: Ameer....just a great story and person.

- All the SEC schools tell him he is too small to play RB.

- Comes in with 2 highly recruited RB's in our class....beats them out.

- Works like he is a 1st year walk on with everything to prove.

- Never about him, always about the team.

- Goes from "too small" to a pre-season Heisman contender before his SR season.

Past: Eric Crouch...I'm in the generation where that is who I grew up watching....from his Heisman to the NC game he got me really interested.

Honorable Mentions: (Rex, T-Magic, Not just a player...but the Super D Suh's senior year, man that was just a joy to watch game in and game out).