Children and immigration reform

7 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I do think it is absolutely hilarious that people use "Ukrainian corruption" as a scapegoat as to why we shouldn't fund or shouldn't support them, when the US government certainly has more that its fair share of corruption on the Supreme Court,  in the Presidency, and in both houses of Congress. In fact, it's so bad that two Republican administrations ago (GW) the Republican senate and stacked Supreme Court respectively passed and upheld Citizens United to legalize corruption, and there are still ones that can't stay within the boundaries of the law. What's more, your telling me  lthat no other country that we continously shell out money to or would go to war on behalf of has any less corruption than Ukraine? Bull crap. Anyone citing that as an excuse is only repeating Trumps nonsense gibberish to justify holding Trumps jock so that he can hold Putins. But hey, truth, justice and the American way is the only thing of the past that apparently doesn't Make America Great Again huh boys? 

I partially agree. American corruption looks different. Still, American institutions and government workers by and large believe in their missions and work to help the American people. 

It's not fair to compare American corruption - no matter how corporate money is donated, it doesnt directly go into the pockets of politicians - to outright bribery and corruption seen in Ukraine. It's fair to criticize their corruption and point out, like the European Union has, that is something they need to get under control to join European trade groups, engage in free trade agreements, and the like. 

• TBH 3

53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@DevoHusker

Wow, looks like Gaza. I didn't remember sspecifics. That was a precursor to the Chechen hostage deal at the theater in Moscow. That I do remember because the Russians killed a couple hundred of the hostages during the "rescue". And then the infamous school deal in Beslan.

1 hour ago, commando said:

the republicans who side with russia should look at this and realize that russia will stab them in the back when they are done with them

That photo could easily represent the likes of Mariupol, Avdiivka, Bahkmut, Kharkov, Aleppo and on and on.  But, you know we forced Putin into doing this and once he takes the whole of Ukraine he'll play nice with his neighbors.

No way he has intentions on rebuilding his military.  He'll never again attempt to overwhelm other antagonistic democracies not with high-tech weapons but with meat waves.  I mean it's not like the Soviets lost 8.5 million soldiers in WWII and don't consider dying for Mother Russia an honor. 

Best of all our isolationism is sure to repeat history and save us money in the long run.  It's not like having to supply our troops and maintain our high-tech weapon systems we'll need to station in the region to deter Putin is expensive.  It's a brilliant strategic move to bail out on another ally and send the signal to the likes of China, North Korea and Iran that we don't have the intestinal fortitude to see things out.  Who doesn't agree that national security should cost nothing?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

LoL…..guess what’s gonna magically happen…single adults will magically have kids or families they are traveling with.   

And still no one has answers why the stringent border closures that people claim will all of a sudden happen when 5,000 people cross, can’t take place when 2,000 people cross?  Why do we need to deal with an additional 3,000 a day before we “finally get strong and cap what is coming over”. :blink:

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
6 hours ago, commando said:

the republicans who side with russia should look at this and realize that russia will stab them in the back when they are done with them

This assumes a level of common sense, intelligence, and self-preservation that is lacking in the modern day GOP

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I partially agree. American corruption looks different. Still, American institutions and government workers by and large believe in their missions and work to help the American people. 

It's not fair to compare American corruption - no matter how corporate money is donated, it doesnt directly go into the pockets of politicians - to outright bribery and corruption seen in Ukraine. It's fair to criticize their corruption and point out, like the European Union has, that is something they need to get under control to join European trade groups, engage in free trade agreements, and the like. 

Does it though? Does it really look any different? I mean at best, the difference can be compared to the was the SEC paid players before NIL vs the way everyone does it with NIL. Clarence Thomas was given free vacations and free flights on a private jet, and at no time did a briefcase of cash money get left at his seat so that he would rule certain ways on certain cases... Nope. Donald Trump and Thomas both were caught laundering money through fraudulent sales of property at 100x what the property was worth. It's asinine to say this is any different than Ukraine, just because there may be a bag man or middle step involved to make the bribe less obvious. Corruption is corruption.